skimmer help!!

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to decide on a skimmer for my 58 tank. I am working on a new sump and am trying to decide on a skimmer so I will know how much room to allocate for it in the sump - I am tired of wasting money on bottom barrel skimmers. It seems finding a smaller skimmer is hard to do. I only have about 25" H to work with - I was looking at the tunze DOC 9005 or 9010 skimmers or maybe an asm G1 or G2. Any one have any experiance with these or have another suggestion?

Thanks
Patrick

480greefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the Deltec MCE working very well too. If you could let us know more about what are you planning to keep? How heavy is your bioload? and your budget etc. I know there are many protein skimmer to choose from....

OP
OP
salt newbie01

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure it is a 58 RR tank with one overflow - I keep mainly acans, micros a few other LPS and some zoas/palys. Fish list ; red headed goby, green banded goby, yellow stripe neon goby, royal gramma (soon to be removed - not being aggressive yet but as a precautionary measure)purple fire fish, 2 wheelers watchman gobies, filamented flasher wrasse and a pair h. flame wrasse. wow I never feel like a have many fish in the tank because they are all small but when you list them out like that it seems like a lot!

budget - of course I want to be economical but still I want a good skimmer - if possible $350 or so. Some where in that ballpark if possible

I feed fish daily and corals 2-3 times a week. So I would say bio load is fairly high. I do a 15-18 gallon water change approx every 10-14 days.

hope that will be enough info to go on. If more is needed let me know.

Thanks again

Patrick

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 36 43.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 41 49.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 6 7.2%
Back