Studeriotes sp. Or "Christmas Tree Coral"

Trevor Paden

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2023
Messages
28
Reaction score
12
Location
Charlotte
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had success with studeriotes sp. before? There is verg limited information online about them. I managed to procure a specimen and will be posting my experience attempting to keep one.
 

Attachments

  • VID_51880707_135502_607.mp4
    11.6 MB
Has anyone had success with studeriotes sp. before? There is verg limited information online about them. I managed to procure a specimen and will be posting my experience attempting to keep one.
I believe that some people have had success in the short term (6 ish months) but in the long run (over a year or two) I don’t believe many are successful.
 
Kept one a few years ago. They are a non-photosynthetic coral, therefore must be fed. They also bury their foot in the substrate so you need a deeper area for it with finer gravel. Mine was not happy with strong flow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new