Submersible UV sterilizer light?

vinsonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like your setup...I wish I came across your build as I was taking mine apart (had same issues with the fans). I noticed you've added some power heads in addition to the two pump returns.....I have two that I can install but didn't know if they were necessary (I had to branch the left return pump because it was blasting the sand too much). How did you know you needed to add yours?

OP
OP
SamMule

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is SPS dominant, so more flow is definitely better.
I'm running 2 of the biggest currentusa Eflux pumps in surge mode at around 50%. They really help randomize the flow throughout the tank.
The third, smaller Eflux pump above the right return pump isn't actually running right now.
Current FTS for reference.
16164379294701685824957729834164.jpg

vinsonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'm going to give this one a shot:

Sun 13W UV Sterilizer Adjustable Pump Filter 150 gal Aquarium Fish Tank
61EPy48WHiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Joe Vance

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't believe there is any wattage limitation or any danger to putting a naked UV bulb (submersible) in a shielded chamber of an aquarium such as a BioCube.

As long as the UV is not shining on the fish there is no danger and with the BioCube the 2 back chambers (pump and filter chambers) are totally isolated from the fish themselves.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naked uv bulb in the water? That is asking for trouble in my opinion. If you have a sheath over it, then put that in the water with the bulb fully insulated from the water, yes, as long as no excess light can escape. These bulbs will burn anything the light touches, fast and hard. I would stick to a actual housed uv sterilizer.

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Innovative Marine 10w (current out of stock) is not completely submersible, but can be placed inside your sump compartments.

I use it for my tank, and it def works. :)

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 28 35.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back