Suncorals direct?

duberii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if I'm allowed to make a post about a non-sponsor, but has anybody heard anything good or bad about suncoralsdirect? They sell a variety of sun coral sizes, along with some other NPS, but their shipping option is 1-2 days, which can't be good for any coral. All the reviews seem to be positive, but a lot of places artificially inflate their reviews so people are more inclined to buy. Let me know what you guys think.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No experience with them but i have fat head dendrophyllia in Springfield, mass for sale. Skip the shipping all together.

Pm me if interested.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200623_161723.jpg

JAMSOURY

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not sure if I'm allowed to make a post about a non-sponsor, but has anybody heard anything good or bad about suncoralsdirect? They sell a variety of sun coral sizes, along with some other NPS, but their shipping option is 1-2 days, which can't be good for any coral. All the reviews seem to be positive, but a lot of places artificially inflate their reviews so people are more inclined to buy. Let me know what you guys think.
DONT ORDER FROM THEM.
I ordered from them last week. It looks like they do not do overnight delivery, which it MIGHT be ok for some corals (Not recommended) but here is the problem. They shipped the sun coral in a regular box, no insolation and no cooling. The weather here in Las Vegas is 110. My Usps carrier delivers mail around 2-4pm regularly. I work for Usps and the delivery vehicles have no AC. So the package pretty much sits on a truck all day at extremely high temps. I received my package and the temperature was at around 90 degrees or so. The sun corals completely deteriorated within 12 hours.

OP
OP
duberii

duberii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DONT ORDER FROM THEM.
I ordered from them last week. It looks like they do not do overnight delivery, which it MIGHT be ok for some corals (Not recommended) but here is the problem. They shipped the sun coral in a regular box, no insolation and no cooling. The weather here in Las Vegas is 110. My Usps carrier delivers mail around 2-4pm regularly. I work for Usps and the delivery vehicles have no AC. So the package pretty much sits on a truck all day at extremely high temps. I received my package and the temperature was at around 90 degrees or so. The sun corals completely deteriorated within 12 hours.
Exactly what I expected when I saw 2 day shipping. Do they at least have a DOA deal where you got your money back?

JAMSOURY

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Exactly what I expected when I saw 2 day shipping. Do they at least have a DOA deal where you got your money back?
They have a doa policy to replace the dead coral or you can receive store credit. I tried to get a refund as I do not want to support a company that ships corals so carelessly. I’ll be opening a dispute with my credit card company to see what they can do.

I also received a snail from them. I think he survived but poor guy could have easily been escargot!

Kalibur2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a sun coral from them but I order it 2 months ago was a little cooler out. A lot of heads for what i paid for. Only issue I had was it came full of hair algae with I had to clean and frag some pieces off of it. It is doing great though. Packaging not the best

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is besides your larger point about suncorals, but to answer your first question, the mods at R2R aren't like that other forum ;).

I can't speak for them, but I'd guess that they appreciate when reefers support companies that support this platform, but I've yet to see them discriminate or censor a discussion over a company or product just because it wasn't a sponsor. The only thing they will do is when a company is a sponsor and someone has a negative experience with that company, they will often move that discussion to the companie's specific page so the two parties can try and work things out.

MCatano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Way over priced!

Back