ryan reynolds deadpool GIF

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome.
Heating would depend on the current wattage in your Jager.
For a 120, I would run 2-200 watt but run off an Inkbird controller, say 306t, WiFi, to ensure when, and they will, fail, the controller will stop them from frying your fish so to speak.

Seen a 100g, stocked with everthing taken out when the glass broke.

Always make sure everything is plugged into a GFI circuit, for your safety as well as your tank inhabitants

The skimmer, (I assume no sump) so it’s going to be an HOB, I used a simple Coralife HOB for years, and it worked well.

Good luck and again, Welcome to R2R.

Rick Mathew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really Great to have you as part of the R2R Family…WELCOME….

Explore…Learn…Share---Practice Patience

Search this forum for the questions you have and you will find the direction you need for example here are some discussions on Protein Skimmers https://www.reef2reef.com/search/2750585/?q=skimmer+recommendations&o=relevance

...Learn as much as you can before you start making changes--Practice patience

2DV.gif

corey904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All! Super new to the hobby. Just “inherited” a 120 gal tank + fish from a friend who was moving. I’m looking for tips and advice as to how I can make the tank better.

It’s a 120 gallon tank running on a fluval FX4 filter, eheim jager thermostat heater, 2 AI prime lights and 2 waverunners. The protein skimmer it came with broke.

The tank is stocked with live sand and live rock.

• 1 small green carpet anemone.
  • 1 blue hippo tang
  • 4 clownfish
  • 1 lawnmower blenny
  • 1 wrasse (don’t know the type)
  • 1 blue velvet damsel
  • 1 lemon damsel
  • A few hermit crabs

I need a suggestion for a new protein skimmer. I also need suggestions for a clean up crew.

How is the stocking of fish looking? Can I get more fish?

Also, how do I know if the anemone is doing well?

I also have a problem with temperature fluctuation. I’m in PA and the tank is in our basement… I was thinking of getting another heater, but will it be too much?

Thanks in advance.
Welcome I’d recommend a bubble magus or Red Sea skimmer and having more than 2 clownfish could mean that they will fight

OP
OP
C

chrissymoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome I’d recommend a bubble magus or Red Sea skimmer and having more than 2 clownfish could mean that they will fight
They seem to be coexisting fine in the tank. I believe there are 2 males and 2 females. The previous owner of this tank had them in there for about 2 years. How do I know if there’s any problems with them together in the tank?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

corey904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem to be coexisting fine in the tank. I believe there are 2 males and 2 females. The previous owner of this tank had them in there for about 2 years. How do I know if there’s any problems with them together in the tank?
Look for aggressive movements like them going after the fins of each other or chasing

This video shows clowns fighting

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All! Super new to the hobby. Just “inherited” a 120 gal tank + fish from a friend who was moving. I’m looking for tips and advice as to how I can make the tank better.

It’s a 120 gallon tank running on a fluval FX4 filter, eheim jager thermostat heater, 2 AI prime lights and 2 waverunners. The protein skimmer it came with broke.

The tank is stocked with live sand and live rock.

• 1 small green carpet anemone.
  • 1 blue hippo tang
  • 4 clownfish
  • 1 lawnmower blenny
  • 1 wrasse (don’t know the type)
  • 1 blue velvet damsel
  • 1 lemon damsel
  • A few hermit crabs

I need a suggestion for a new protein skimmer. I also need suggestions for a clean up crew.

How is the stocking of fish looking? Can I get more fish?

Also, how do I know if the anemone is doing well?

I also have a problem with temperature fluctuation. I’m in PA and the tank is in our basement… I was thinking of getting another heater, but will it be too much?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome! Glad you joined. Sorry sounds like your additional heater malfunctioned and caused your tang loss. I like two heaters so if one fails to come on the other serves as backup. I don't have an inkbird, but that post in here has me thinking about it. I'll be in PA for family reunion in Sept 2022 (paradise area, family all over PA)

This is a great reference book type article I still refer:

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 58 43.6%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 62 46.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back