Status
Not open for further replies.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But we will dive in the tank. So it's our security also :)

One option is to have approved lights for when we will be diving. Then turn on the other more powerful lights when we're not in the tank. Not the best solution but one possibility.
Obviously I'm not familiar with Swedish electrical code, but often there are exemptions to minimum clearances for objects mounted inside a permanent structure. You may find an exemption like this.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Obviously I'm not familiar with Swedish electrical code, but often there are exemptions to minimum clearances for objects mounted inside a permanent structure. You may find an exemption like this.
Sallstrom very simple, either decrease heighth of tanks or have contractors dig deeper ONLY for tanks. Sink into ground 1 meter? Whats one meter.

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes. Thanks! I'm hoping for some kind of exemption. The electrical consultant has just read the rules for swimming pools, he's never done the drawing for an aquarium before. So we need to explain some things and try to get him to find a solution.

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sallstrom very simple, either decrease heighth of tanks or have contractors dig deeper ONLY for tanks. Sink into ground 1 meter? Whats one meter.

I know, we've been discussing just those two options today at work. Both would change too much :)
We can't raise the roof, then the building will go up through the grass in the park above:p
And if we dig down another and lower the water surface a meter, both our large windows will be in the wrong height(we've gone through angles and heights a lot with the architect).

But even if we had 2,50 meters above the tank, I wouldn't want the light fixtures that high above the tank anyway. In that case we would need even larger fixtures! :)

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lasse built me a new stand for my coffee cup. He's allowed to have some of his profilux stuff there too.. ;)

IMG_6899.JPG

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About your NPS the last one you have. May be Scleronephthya. Dendronephthya produce roots. All Scleronephthya I've had never seen one root. Also it's mono color, one color. There's other features Hans-Werner answers that, on old forums.;)

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's our small "night tank". You can push a button and a blue light comes on. There's daylight as well, but not during our opening hours. So it's reversed schedule.
Actually a pretty successful display, just some corals that look good in blue light and the visitors can turn on the light themselves :)
I removed a large montopora this week and put in a couple of small LPS. The LPS seems to do well in this water and in this tank, so I hope they'll grow.
What you don't see when the daylight is on is all the Tubastrea Sun Corals on the back walls. During the dark hours they are all extended and feeding. We feed this tank with live newly hatched artemia and rotifers once or twice a day.
We got two nice tube anemones as well.

The tank is connected to the "soft coral system". About 6000L. Lots of good nutrients:)

This is the tank in daylight. Since we are closed now, I've removed Euphyllia and some other stuff that just competed with the Sun corals.
IMG_6885.JPG

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's our small "night tank". You can push a button and a blue light comes on. There's daylight as well, but not during our opening hours. So it's reversed schedule.
Actually a pretty successful display, just some corals that look good in blue light and the visitors can turn on the light themselves :)
I removed a large montopora this week and put in a couple of small LPS. The LPS seems to do well in this water and in this tank, so I hope they'll grow.
What you don't see when the daylight is on is all the Tubastrea Sun Corals on the back walls. During the dark hours they are all extended and feeding. We feed this tank with live newly hatched artemia and rotifers once or twice a day.

The tank is connected to the "soft coral system". About 6000L. Lots of good nutrients:)

This is the tank in daylight. Since we are closed now, I've removed Euphyllia and some other stuff that just competed with the Sun corals.
IMG_6885.JPG
I'm talking to Hans-Werner, cool. Old school

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_6885.JPG
Cool

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sallstrom, alittle to much coffee. I hear coffee put hair on your chess, but this is bad.:p

Screenshot_20181207-070904.png

For sure - he needs that coffee today and probably looks like that too :)

Sincerely Lasse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back