Sounds delicious. If I knew those banana fish would stay under three feet long I would get fifty of them as they are ultra cool. They are always in the front, eat anything, get along with not only my fish, but my neighbor's fish next door, and are just really cool. OH, I already said that, OK Snazzy, you have to be over 60 years old to have heard that before.
I think my favorite, albeit least colorful fish is the dragon face pipefish. That fish is just so interesting that if he was colorful I would get too excited looking at him and be all tingly all day. He is not a sissy looking fishy fish, but a cool, un-fishy looking real manly fish. In a small, skinny sort of way. I also love my possum wrasse just for the secretive nature. If he croaked I can still tell people for like two years that he is still in there because you never see him anyway. But he knows he is in there and that is all that matters. I think I will get another one. The copperband is always just there and he got bigger than I would like. They were always one of my favorites and from my old notes that I wrote on parchment, I have had them since the early 70s.
No tangs or angels for me as they are just to common and fish like. I wish I could find a tiny ray, that would be really awesome but the smallest one I know is bigger than my tank.
Mandarins are cool while they are spawning as that is the only time they notice each other, all the other times it is just pods, pods, pods, you would think they would get tired. Maybe I will take them along this year when I go pod collecting, they could have a pic nick while I am hunting.
I have a couple of bright red fish that I have no idea what they are or where I got them. They only let me have a quick glimpse of them occasionally so I can't identify them but that is what keeps this interesting. People ask me how many fish I have or ask me if I check every fish each day but that can't happen as I am not sure what is in there. The tank is built into a wall so I can't see most of the back and that is where many of the fish spawn and spend a lot of time. They may have a Speak Easy in there (that was from prohibition, look it up) :becky: