Tank birthday, 47+ years

  • Thread starter Thread starter Paul B
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I feel for her. Glad there is a fix for her. Best wishes beaming in your direction.
 
Early this morning I had to call an ambulance for my wife. She needs surgery to remove a cyst on her spine that has been extremely painful but last night was to much. We had an appointment to see a surgeon today but she couldn't wait so they admitted her and hopefully soon she can have the surgery and get some relief as this has been going on for 3 months.

Keep us updated. I hope things go well and she recovers without issue.
 
She has a synovial cyst on her spine and they think also a bone cyst which I didn't even know existed but that is what seems to be causing so much pain.
She can't sit or lay down but she can't stand forever. They will operate on Monday.
Thanks guys
 
My wife's operation lasted for five hours. It was over about 10:00PM last night. She was out of recovery at 4:00am this morning. Everything went well. They fused the disk in her lower spine with titanium rods. In a lot of pain now but that is to be expected
Thanks paul
 
glad to hear everything went well Paul! my stepmother had a hip replacement pretty recently and they gave her some sort of pain medication that she had no pain from the operation for two days! I'd ask about it if your wife is still having a lot of pain.
 
This seaweed is growing in a marina near mine and as soon as I can leave my wife for a little while (she just came home from the hospital and has to use a walker for a while until she can walk on her own)
I want to collect some and see if it will grow in my tank. Of course it will probably take over the entire tank but who cares? That would be so cool. I have not seen this type of algae before and it may be new to the western Long Island Sound. :wave:
 
Wife is recovering nicely although she uses a walker. That is temporary and soon she will use a cane until it is all healed. The bone graft hurts more then the spinal fusion. Today they removed the staples.

Tank is getting kind of boring, everything growing well and stinging each other. Most fish still spawning, or at least smiling. One of my banana fish has a large case of pop eye but it is healing nicely. To bad, I wanted to catch him so I could cure it in 10 seconds but he is getting cured on his own. I think I scared him when he saw me with a needle.
Some of the older hermit crabs grew huge but not as large as the 12 year olds that died, hopefully of old age. Poor montipora keeps growing in the wrong direction so it gets stung and tries to grow a different way., then something else stings it. I like the torch corals much better than the SPS. They just look better. I always liked the movement as SPS bore me to death. The spawning clown gobies already liked a large piece as they laid eggs all over it and not it looks like a hair algae farm. Those fish just don't care how much things cost, they just want to spawn, spawn, spawn, that's all they do. For such little fish I don't know where they keep it all. :biggrin1:
 
Wife is recovering nicely although she uses a walker. That is temporary and soon she will use a cane until it is all healed. The bone graft hurts more then the spinal fusion. Today they removed the staples.

...

Glad to hear. Praying for a full recovery.

my $million
 
Good to hear Paul.
I also love LPS corals, especially big groves of different kinds growing together.
 
I wasn't bored today, I had a flood. Now that's entertaining. At least something different happened. A nice, Noah flood. I thought the tank was leaking but my final DI filter on the tank from the auto fill. The tube filled with seaweed. I usually check that but with my wife in the hospital and all. I forgot. But it got me excited so all is well. I love it when something happens. I hope, when I look out my window, I see Godzilla.
I got my shop vac out and sucked up the water. Now I see my leak barrier does not work so I can crawl under there and re design the thing.
 
I am always trying to out think my old system. Usually floods come from one of the skimmers. When I'm gone, I worry about that drain I didn't check before I left. But that's part of the deal when starting one of these projects. I only have one of those little yellow gobies and he lives in a soft ball sized purple acro. He doesn't seem to be hurting the coral so I let him stay. Sounds like yours are pretty frisky.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new