Tech-M's Magic Bryopsis killing ingredient: Lithium

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Orcus Varuna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after debating for months I finally started using Vibrant 3 weeks ago. I just added my 6th dose on Saturday and below are the results shown at the begining (after purposely not pruning to show the degree of my infestation), last Wednesday and today. At no point did I prune just let things take their natural course as to not skew the results. I must say im pretty speechless to say the least, and my bryopsis infestation was quite extensive. I am still not clear on exactly how it works other then through competition and actual consumption of nuisance algae.

Also, I want to add that I did have a few deaths because I was not expecting the bryopsis to die so rapidly. When I went to work last Tuesday it still looked like picture 1 but by the time I got home from work it had turned to a jello like biomass that polluted my system. A 50% water change both Wednesday and Saturday seem to have stabilized the system. I only lost a few snails and a fighting conch, along with my urchin shedding some spines.
IMG_0412.JPG
IMG_0368.JPG
IMG_0411.JPG

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.5%
Back