OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U doubled the dose... right off the rip.

UWC suggests going slow at first, then ramping up as u view the results and changes.

I went 1/2 doses, weekly instead of biweekly. It took about 2 weeks for the bubble algae to die off. And now the green on the sand bed and rocks is diminishing week by week. I'm ready to stop the dosing and see how it reacts.

Sorry to hear ur tank is reacting with dinos. Frustration for sure.

I did, based on the advice of the people I know who've used it, and the Vibrant threads. But, I only dosed twice once. I'll see how it goes. But dinos are the only thing that worries me.

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So power outage issues...

Yesterday around 4pm I heard a really loud buzzing/electrical sound outside, then my power went off. Nothing increases anxiety like the sound of all my pumps, lights, skimmer, and ATO alarm going off... Then it flickers back on. Okay, power surge. Sucks, but it happens. So I getup to reset the apex and BZZZZZT, power out again... This went on for hours. They are working on the block over, but apparently it must have caused some type of damage in my neighborhood, as they are now working on my street.

So while I was out today, I come home to be told "Oh, the power has been going on and off the last few hours"... Turns out my family didn't want to scare me, it had been going on and off all day -_-

Reached out to an electrician friend of mine -- He's got a 250g running 3x 250w MH, and 4 96w T5's, multiple big tunzes, gyres, blah blah. He built his own battery backup that can run his entire system minus the halides for 2-3 days straight. Looks like that's my next investment. I have corals worth more than my car right now, I can't afford to lose a gem because Edison screwed the pooch.

What is the new battery backup consist of? Deep cycle? How did you set it up?

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the new battery backup consist of? Deep cycle? How did you set it up?

Just caught up on the last 10 pages of your thread [emoji15]. I was running the (simple wwc schedule) but I’m considering changing it up. What schedule are you currently running?

The backup isn't done, but so far a deep cycle battery, the Tunze battery backup, and a few other things my electrician buddy is doing some sort of black magic with.

As for the lighting schedule, I'm using my own. 1hr ramp up, 8 hours peak at 15k spectrum, 4hr ramp down.

SDboatguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, sorry to hear about the DINOs , that really sucks. I lost a tank full of Adam’s finest, still dealing with the residuals. FWIW I’ll take green bubbles any time.... hopefully you caught it time and can knock the little jerks down before they do any harm. Good luck !!

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, sorry to hear about the DINOs , that really sucks. I lost a tank full of Adam’s finest, still dealing with the residuals. FWIW I’ll take green bubbles any time.... hopefully you caught it time and can knock the little ******** down before they do any harm. Good luck !!

Nah they already took over. This is the 3rd time i've tried to kill Bubble Algae, and the 3rd time I've gotten dinos from it.

@UWC -- Not sure why I'm prone to this, but every algae elimination med causes dinos for me. not a single thing I've tried HASN'T ended with the destruction of $500+ sps. Very unfortunate, this was the last item I was going to try before giving up on any meds for bubble algae.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New corals.

- The two unknown frags from a local vendor
- Pink Or gasm
- Pink Panther
- Pinky the Bear
- ATL Joleen

Also Bowser's and a hobbit bounce I'll nurse back to health.

51572782cb05bcdc8bb694a942f36818.jpg

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i must have missed somewhere but what do you usually shoot with?

A 2005 Canon G7. I talked a buddy into investing in a camera, so he picked up a 2007 Canon G10. They're old cameras but good enough for their purpose, and still much better than most point and shoot cameras.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 64 85.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.0%
Back