OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did that ReefHD finish off the bubble algae? I may need to get some for my bubble problem
Not yet it takes over a month and cyano took over when bubble started dying. So now it's still dying but I have skimmed, and will need to dose again.

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you swapped over completely to the Calcium reactor yet? I just started ATI essentials and read your entire thread when I saw you post on an ATI essentials thread about it.

Any reasons you switched (or are switching) away from it?

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you swapped over completely to the Calcium reactor yet? I just started ATI essentials and read your entire thread when I saw you post on an ATI essentials thread about it.

Any reasons you switched (or are switching) away from it?

Not yet. I'm so busy I have time for nothing.

As far as calcium reactors... Nothing beats a calcium reactor, in fact, nothing even comes close. It's a non stop 24/7 dose and keeps things stable in a way a doser just can't. Julian Sprung doses every 10 minutes, and he attributes that to improved growth and color.. Why you would set up 3 medical grade dialysis machines rather than just get a calcium reactor is beyond me.

Additionally -- You're melting coral skeleton, so you're giving every trace element corals need, except for what the flesh is made of. So it's a pretty complete dosing method.

Triton, ATI Essentials, ESV... They've been playing catch up to Calcium Reactors all this time, and they still aren't there yet.

Last edited:

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been busy! No updates in a bit, no pics either. Had a bone graft put in because corn nuts took revenge on a tooth. Haven't done too much lately.
Sorry to hear about the Tooth problem. I hate going to dentists.

But I took my kids today, and their dentist has a bulletin board that they change each month or so.
Just funnies, and stuff....Always a theme, like Thanksgiving/Halloween this time.

Took this photo of a good one.

44914252044_d4381f4901_z.jpg

I got a chuckle out of it.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol well I liked it Wally!

And yes, corn nuts. I've been told by my dentist sometimes the stars align and he's had patients with great teeth hit a piece of raw rice and that's it.

So having your gums stitched together sucks fyi lol..
53764c72106d10a09f5761f7657532a0.jpg
Well he did a good job on the suture and membrane lol.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well he did a good job on the suture and membrane lol.

I actually have a pretty great dentist! It took a few bad ones to find a good one though... Including a botched root canal that ended with him diagnosing an infection from said botched root canal as "all in my head"... Yeah, he was wrong af.

ANYWAYS

So the dose of ReefFlux HD at 2x dose has effectively killed off at least half of the bubble algae that grew onto the new rockwork. Some cyano has grown over the dying Bubble Algae, I keep joking that the cyano is eating it.. Not sure that's actually happening but now I'm starting to wonder lol. I will probably need a follow up dose to take it out completely, either at 2x or 4x dose. Hard to say.

Everything is growing well, and looking good.

Things still on my ToDo list...

- I could use a second radion
- I could use that new structure still
- I need to catch Cody that Anthias -- He spends most the day fighting his reflection, starting to bust his lip open o_O
- Using "Coral Essentials" Aminos... The only amino I've ever used and loved. Going to pickup another item or two from them in the near future
- Should be getting a bunch more corals soon
- Need to get rid of bunch of corals
- Need a frag tank upgrade
- Found my $400 mushroom that floated away one day, lil jerk...
- Need a co2 bottle to get my CaRx up and running

I'll take some pictures sometime soon, it's been awhile!

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah he's pretty aggressive... Whenever I turn on my projector the light makes his reflection obvious. After seeing it once he sees himself all day long
hmmm.
Maybe it the Violence on Fox News your are watching on the projector that's making him Bang his face on the glass.
Put on some Baby Blue movies.....that might calm him down.

....on 2nd thought, maybe Not.....he might start doing the same to your other fish :)

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No Fox news here, the projector is only for dignified things like shooting games and game of thrones lol
Rakie,
Got to agree with a Cal Reactor.

How's your gums healing?

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rakie,
Got to agree with a Cal Reactor.

How's your gums healing?

You just like the Cal reactor 'cause it's a Geo lol!

And the gums are very slow to heal. It will be like a few more weeks before I can even lift something without the pressure causing my gums to explode blood everywhere. It would have been a cool trick for halloween in retrospect lol

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back