The Garden -- Rakies shallow SPS cube

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What amino acid supplement are you using?

Coral Essentials Amino. Just started it myself. In fact it seems to be working after a week. A few of my tiny frags have definitely picked up.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get the coral essentials on eBay currently, from only two vendors.

There may be another place but that's all I know of.

I've tried tons of aminos and this is the first that's really stood out. Enough that I'm going to pickup another Coral Essentials item.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get the coral essentials on eBay currently, from only two vendors.

There may be another place but that's all I know of.

I've tried tons of aminos and this is the first that's really stood out. Enough that I'm going to pickup another Coral Essentials item.

Have you decided which one to try yet, I have been looking at the trace B?
I have written down what is in the "All Elements" I use and think that that might be useful to me.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you decided which one to try yet, I have been looking at the trace B?
I have written down what is in the "All Elements" I use and think that that might be useful to me.
I'll be getting the Grow, which is the first everyone recommends besides aminos. And since I'll be using the calcium reactor next weekend I won't need those trace elements -- they're in the media already for the most part.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious about the Black label stuff.
Those I know have said good things about it, the problem is they claim it does things that defy biology and would win them various Nobel peace prizes if true.

I sincerely doubt the claims are true, because if they could speed up mitosis their products would be heralded as one of the largest scientific advances in human history.

Rather I think it's just obscure minerals that we determined were useless in our ocean decades ago.. and probably aren't useless at all.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those I know have said good things about it, the problem is they claim it does things that defy biology and would win them various Nobel peace prizes if true.

I sincerely doubt the claims are true, because if they could speed up mitosis their products would be heralded as one of the largest scientific advances in human history.

Rather I think it's just obscure minerals that we determined were useless in our ocean decades ago.. and probably aren't useless at all.

If they want to send me a bottle of each I am prepared to try their "snake oil" (for fun no offence intended)! ;)

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only problem I have with these small dosing bottles is that I have found you must do it regularly at the same time of day. Every time for success to happen and be prepared to keep that schedule no matter what ever else is going on in your life. It's why I use trace element systems based on one using a dosing pump instead of Me the busy crazy person work 7 days a week and coming home to take care elderly parents after work who might get 30 minutes a day to just sit down. Like https://professionalcoralsolutions.com/ an other OZ trace element company

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only problem I have with these small dosing bottles is that I have found you must do it regularly at the same time of day. Every time for success to happen and be prepared to keep that schedule no matter what ever else is going on in your life. It's why I use trace element systems based on one using a dosing pump instead of Me the busy crazy person work 7 days a week and coming home to take care elderly parents after work who might get 30 minutes a day to just sit down. Like https://professionalcoralsolutions.com/ an other OZ trace element company
The A,B, and C are meant to be added to your three part. The black bottles are just dosed at night.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Aquavitro fuel for my aminos. But havent dosed in 2 weeks to see how the algae reacts to my attack on Thursday.

I notice a difference in all the lps and sps for sure, pe just isnt as good. Maybe if the algae stays down I'll start a small dosing schedule for the aminos again.

Thinks are lookin good rakie. Keep it up

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I use Aquavitro fuel for my aminos. But havent dosed in 2 weeks to see how the algae reacts to my attack on Thursday.

I notice a difference in all the lps and sps for sure, pe just isnt as good. Maybe if the algae stays down I'll start a small dosing schedule for the aminos again.

Thinks are lookin good rakie. Keep it up

I just started using Fuel recently and really like how everything is responding, the PE has been insane

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started using Fuel recently and really like how everything is responding, the PE has been insane

Yep, I've heard it can be a bit overpowered, so when I start dosing again, I'll cut it in half and see how it goes. Definitely gets a feeding response for sure.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I've heard it can be a bit overpowered, so when I start dosing again, I'll cut it in half and see how it goes. Definitely gets a feeding response for sure.

I've been using Fuel (lightly) for a couple of years. Just 1 5ml Dose a week or every other week (for 90 Gallon Tank)
Works so good, that it took me 4 months of no water changes, and zero maintenance for my Corals to show they want maintenance attention.
Did one water change at everything came back.
Nothing in my whole shelf of Snake Oils, works as effectively as Sechem Fuel.
I guess it's because it's ALL IN ONE: Trace elements, Food, Vitamins, and Aminos.

Only serious overdosing will cause Algae Blooms.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • None.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.1%
Back