Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubba deserves the cash.
That was an example of being peer pressured into peer pressuring you. But really do get the pack. I need to live through your bad spending habits.

I need to live through my bad spending habits too :(

Besides, I don't have room for 3 packs !

Last edited:

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been moving a LOT of zoas locally. The responsible thing would be NOT to get a pack from @bubbaque. . . We'll see how that goes >_<
You are lucky to be able to sell stuff locally. In my local market nobody likes to spend more than a couple bucks. When I was getting rid of a lot of my Zoas I had to to sell most for $1 a polyp.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are lucky to be able to sell stuff locally. In my local market nobody likes to spend more than a couple bucks. When I was getting rid of a lot of my Zoas I had to to sell most for $1 a polyp.

Same here lol, everyone is relatively cheap here. I'll trade you all the high end zoas you want for SPS. You can throw them in as freebies with your orders :D

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it turns out to be a acropora sarmentosa most probably.
Funky name still to be added.

I have an officially purchased Sarmentosa. Slow Grower, so might change.
2019-02-07_Sarmentosa.jpg

Rakie's Frag looks Similar BUT a bit different Structure (more branchy, not lumpy).

After I took the Photo of the Sarmentosa, I noticed the Frag on the Left. That looks more like Rakie's Frag. (I bought it called a Scorpion)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rakie's Frag looks Similar BUT a bit different Structure (more branchy, not lumpy).

Yes, I'm thinking mine is a hybrid. I knew corals hybridized but nearly ALL sps can hybridize with ALL sps. That's why it's hard to accurately ID SPS sometimes.

The colony I got my frag from was very bushy, but the arms definitely had the sermentosa rounded/dome look. Very nice indo piece from way back in ye olden times when Indo was a thing for this hobby. The overall structure of the colony looked a little different than the one's I've seen online which makes me think it's a hybrid. The color has a LOT of potential, especially the polyp colors. Definitely waiting to see how he colors up.

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Rakie
Do you know the name (if possible the scientific one, not the marketing name) from this one?

upload_2019-2-4_8-1-56.png

I have something similar and could not find out what it is.
This is how mine looks like.
Bad mobile picture. I can get a better one.

upload_2019-2-4_8-13-36.png

Looks like an Acropora sarmentosa for me

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hulk Smash/The Beast/Uranium bounce baby. Draped over a cone shaped piece of biomedia. Thumbnail size if flat -- around quarter size.

Also a nickel size Jersey, and Penny sized hobbit are getting ready.
2d7f6693b64c1e43ace9d254aa4f15c3.jpg

I still laugh a little when the Hobbits pop up. I named it, but its from John Win back in the day. It was more of a joke when I did. But they have made the rounds all over now which is awesome. I wish I still had momma but I did get one back recently. Its the one in my avatar.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still laugh a little when the Hobbits pop up. I named it, but its from John Win back in the day. It was more of a joke when I did. But they have made the rounds all over now which is awesome. I wish I still had momma but I did get one back recently. Its the one in my avatar.

My momma was the one in my avatar ;) was huge. Sold it to someone who makes you want to tear your hair out lol

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My momma was the one in my avatar ;) was huge. Sold it to someone who makes you want to tear your hear out lol

Quit photoshopping your photos hahaha

Text me now I want to know hahaha at one point the bubbles grew huge and they had neon pink splatter on them. We had it before the mushroom craze.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quit photoshopping your photos hahaha

Text me now I want to know hahaha at one point the bubbles grew huge and they had neon pink splatter on them. We had it before the mushroom craze.

I don't photoshop! But because I have a 12 year old point and shoot I have to put the EV down to like -1 1/2 or more, and ISO is low so pix are dark. But my photos are pretty realistic -- That's why I'm not showing my SPS lately, they're still ticked off LOL

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is a coral from UC that I've got. It is SIMILAR to the BC space laser, or wwc superstar acro.

It is purple, with orange/yellow polyps. However in photos my camera cannot capture it's shade of purple after editing out the blue light.. so it ends up looking brownish with purple highlights. This is my favorite living coral at the moment. And it's a shame I can't share a good picture of it!

It also doubles as a glimpse of why I'm not sharing my display tank right now, check out that epic bubble algae! Two pics with slightly different settings, can't quite get the color out when I remove that "blue" hue that saturate pictures.

Also a frag tank pic I just took, because it looks happy right now.

de3a2cef0928eb542a4e98f659d60e58.jpg
b92276ebbe825a1395a1d26f6bbd73e6.jpg
8b11bc0c29c0ad110a1477ac3951ee8c.jpg

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is some outstanding bubble algae! I don’t feel so bad about my tank’s issues now ! There is hope for it....THANKS

Yep, it's what happens when you're "too busy" and keep putting it off. One day they were suddenly just specs peppered all over the tank, then it was a forest. The good news it's it's SLOWLY receding.. I'll be either going emerald or baby fox face.

All I can say, is never trust a frag plug. And never be too busy!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 72 42.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%

Back