The Garden -- Rakies shallow SPS cube

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by Rakie, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Kayden Hutchings

Kayden Hutchings Active Member R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor

Edit: double post

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    Katrina71 likes this.

2. Kayden Hutchings

Kayden Hutchings Active Member R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor

Bubba deserves the cash.
    That was an example of being peer pressured into peer pressuring you. But really do get the pack. I need to live thought your bad spending habits.

3. Rakie

Rakie Federal Coral Reserve R2R Supporter Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

I don't know if I have room for 2 packs though

4. Rakie

Rakie Federal Coral Reserve R2R Supporter Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

I need to live through my bad spending habits too :(

Besides, I don't have room for 3 packs !

najer, Katrina71, NY_Caveman and 3 others like this.
  5. bubbaque

bubbaque Never enough SPS R2R Supporter Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

You are lucky to be able to sell stuff locally. In my local market nobody likes to spend more than a couple bucks. When I was getting rid of a lot of my Zoas I had to to sell most for $1 a polyp.

Rakie, Katrina71, Janci and 3 others like this.
  6. Rakie

Same here lol, everyone is relatively cheap here. I'll trade you all the high end zoas you want for SPS. You can throw them in as freebies with your orders :D

7. WallyB

WallyB Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

I have an officially purchased Sarmentosa. Slow Grower, so might change.
    2019-02-07_Sarmentosa.jpg
    Rakie's Frag looks Similar BUT a bit different Structure (more branchy, not lumpy).

After I took the Photo of the Sarmentosa, I noticed the Frag on the Left. That looks more like Rakie's Frag. (I bought it called a Scorpion)

8. Rakie

Yes, I'm thinking mine is a hybrid. I knew corals hybridized but nearly ALL sps can hybridize with ALL sps. That's why it's hard to accurately ID SPS sometimes.

The colony I got my frag from was very bushy, but the arms definitely had the sermentosa rounded/dome look. Very nice indo piece from way back in ye olden times when Indo was a thing for this hobby. The overall structure of the colony looked a little different than the one's I've seen online which makes me think it's a hybrid. The color has a LOT of potential, especially the polyp colors. Definitely waiting to see how he colors up.

9. Katrina71

Katrina71 Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

You can sell me your rejects Rakie. There isn't a thing in your tank I would cull.

Retro Reefer, najer, Crabby48 and 3 others like this.
  10. Rakie

I'll save the next ones for you then haha

11. fabutahoun

fabutahoun Angels and Acros R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Spotlight Award Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

amazing collection Rakie !!!

12. fabutahoun

fabutahoun Angels and Acros R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Spotlight Award Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

Looks like an Acropora sarmentosa for me

13. Rakie

Hulk Smash/The Beast/Uranium bounce baby. Draped over a cone shaped piece of biomedia. Thumbnail size if flat -- around quarter size.

Also a nickel size Jersey, and Penny sized hobbit are getting ready.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    najer, fabutahoun, bubbaque and 3 others like this.
  14. ReeferBean

ReeferBean Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

I still laugh a little when the Hobbits pop up. I named it, but its from John Win back in the day. It was more of a joke when I did. But they have made the rounds all over now which is awesome. I wish I still had momma but I did get one back recently. Its the one in my avatar.

najer, Crabby48 and NY_Caveman like this.
  15. Rakie

My momma was the one in my avatar ;) was huge. Sold it to someone who makes you want to tear your hair out lol

najer, bubbaque and Crabby48 like this.
  16. ReeferBean

ReeferBean Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

Quit photoshopping your photos hahaha

Text me now I want to know hahaha at one point the bubbles grew huge and they had neon pink splatter on them. We had it before the mushroom craze.

najer, Rakie and Crabby48 like this.
  17. Rakie

I don't photoshop! But because I have a 12 year old point and shoot I have to put the EV down to like -1 1/2 or more, and ISO is low so pix are dark. But my photos are pretty realistic -- That's why I'm not showing my SPS lately, they're still ****** off LOL

bubbaque, Crabby48 and Fudsey like this.
  18. Rakie

So this is a coral from UC that I've got. It is SIMILAR to the BC space laser, or wwc superstar acro.

It is purple, with orange/yellow polyps. However in photos my camera cannot capture it's shade of purple after editing out the blue light.. so it ends up looking brownish with purple highlights. This is my favorite living coral at the moment. And it's a shame I can't share a good picture of it!

It also doubles as a glimpse of why I'm not sharing my display tank right now, check out that epic bubble algae! Two pics with slightly different settings, can't quite get the color out when I remove that "blue" hue that saturate pictures.

Also a frag tank pic I just took, because it looks happy right now.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Fudsey, Retro Reefer, WWIII and 7 others like this.
  19. SDboatguy

SDboatguy Active Member

That is some outstanding bubble algae! I don’t feel so bad about my tank’s issues now ! There is hope for it....THANKS

NY_Caveman, Crabby48 and Rakie like this.
  20. Rakie

Yep, it's what happens when you're "too busy" and keep putting it off. One day they were suddenly just specs peppered all over the tank, then it was a forest. The good news it's it's SLOWLY receding.. I'll be either going emerald or baby fox face.

All I can say, is never trust a frag plug. And never be too busy!

Draft saved Draft deleted