OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure you'll have things back in no time man :) bit of patience and love like everything in life and you'll be killing it :D :D

Yeah. The important thing is stop trying to kill my bubble algae. Tried to kill it three times, twice I almost lost everything I have. Now just emerald crabs or nothing.

How was the coral market?

Good! I traded one really high end shroom for a Deadpool Eclectis, a Candy Crush Eclectis, a Kryptonite Jawbreaker, and a really nice Micromusa with blue outer rings, and yellow/red inner rings.

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good! I traded one really high end shroom for a Deadpool Eclectis, a Candy Crush Eclectis, a Kryptonite Jawbreaker, and a really nice Micromusa with blue outer rings, and yellow/red inner rings.
Dang! What was the shroom you traded for all that?!? hahaha

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly @RichtheReefer21 -- I spend way too much time doing reef stuff. I'm either doing reef stuff, planning reef stuff, brokering coral deals, selling corals, advising people, working on other peoples reef, getting my frag partners to actually frag their corals, etc etc etc. On a slow week I probably have 1-2 people ask me to broker a deal or find them a rare coral locally, on a busy week probably 15+.

I'm going to a reef show on the 27th and trading an ultra high end shroom for 3 high end shrooms. They are all going directly to my friends tank, LOL, I don't even have a place to put them and i'm STILL doing reef stuff.

Deadpool Eclectis, Candy Crush Eclectis, and Kryptonite Jawbreaker.
Oh wow. I didnt realize how involved you really are in your local reef scene. People like you are why this hobby survives. I know it's tough to justify the time and efforts in the name of a passion like reefing, but it's what sets us all apart, you give a standard for what allowed the hobby to the point it is at now.

Another generation of torch carriers. Passed on forever. Thanks for being one of those guys.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow. I didnt realize how involved you really are in your local reef scene. People like you are why this hobby survives. I know it's tough to justify the time and efforts in the name of a passion like reefing, but it's what sets us all apart, you give a standard for what allowed the hobby to the point it is at now.

Another generation of torch carriers. Passed on forever. Thanks for being one of those guys.

Upon reading that quote I typo'd, I meant 5+ not 15+, unless RAP is going down then I might get 15 lol.

Eh, you get to know everybody locally. Most people you know will eventually ask you if you know someone who has x or y. After awhile you start getting the friends of friends too. My useless talent is remembering everything that everybody has. After the last 3-4 years doing RAP most the vendors recognize me even. But I must admit, It's easy to stand out when you're either concerningly quiet or obnoxiously loud. I'm not good at being in the middle, i'm always one or the other.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the shroom trio (too young for eclectis patterns yet), and the micromusa (not my pic, haven't pictures this one yet)

Candy Crush on the Left side, Kryptonite Right Side, and Deadpool bottom.

bccf47dff0696376e811ad9a98d53099.jpg

This is the CaliKid Fruity Pebbles Micromusa. It's hard to get a picture of so this is his pic, not mine. It's pretty crazy colorful, i really like it.
289aa9451692bd8a71f55a46f50624f5.jpg

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A high end bounce shroom thats quite uncommon
Where was my offer of one?!?

Here's the shroom trio (too young for eclectis patterns yet), and the micromusa (not my pic, haven't pictures this one yet)

Candy Crush on the Left side, Kryptonite Right Side, and Deadpool bottom.

bccf47dff0696376e811ad9a98d53099.jpg

This is the CaliKid Fruity Pebbles Micromusa. It's hard to get a picture of so this is his pic, not mine. It's pretty crazy colorful, i really like it.
289aa9451692bd8a71f55a46f50624f5.jpg
Holy smokes thats a cracking haul :D :D :D

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where was my offer of one?!?

Holy smokes thats a cracking haul :D :D :D

Oh yeah, you're getting into the squishy stuff now too huh?

Well, shipping isn't cheap -- And astonishingly, that'll be the cheapest part of that order :D

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah, you're getting into the squishy stuff now too huh?

Well, shipping isn't cheap -- And astonishingly, that'll be the cheapest part of that order :D
Yeah, I've crossed to the dark side!!

I'll just pretend "shipping" is a fancy new coral and it's easy to spend the money :p

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My head just exploded when I read that.

If it makes you feel any better, I've just found out one of my prized pieces halved in value, as the vendor just started selling it for half price now. Since I had a good bit of that the overall SPS value is now like $16k. One coral going from $900 to $400 a frag crushed the overall value!

It's like the stock market sometimes -_-

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it makes you feel any better, I've just found out one of my prized pieces halved in value, as the vendor just started selling it for half price now. Since I had a good bit of that the overall SPS value is now like $16k. One coral going from $900 to $400 a frag crushed the overall value!

It's like the stock market sometimes -_-

Sheeeeeeeeesh. Sorry to hear man. So does the same happen in retro?

A frag that used to be no big deal suddenly becomes rare and value sky rockets? Like, my indo golden torch for example.. I paid 4o for it, now I see them for 200+ per head.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put in some tester frags. They didn't die in 12 hours so good start lol...

Otherwise... Even if they're stable for a week, it's not going to be comfy to just say "okay, it's good" and plop in $20k worth of SPS and $6k in Acans in one day.
Again, I haven't been getting Emails when you post!! What causes this on R2R? (Is there a limit on subscription Emails?)

Anyways, catching up.
Good News that Tank Appears to be in Healed condition to accept Corals. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Take it easy. Small baby steps. Let the Tank and Corals Soak things in Slowly.
"Test the Waters" literally.

I should listen to my own advice. LOL

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sheeeeeeeeesh. Sorry to hear man. So does the same happen in retro?

A frag that used to be no big deal suddenly becomes rare and value sky rockets? Like, my indo golden torch for example.. I paid 4o for it, now I see them for 200+ per head.
Yep, it does. More typical for prices to drop though.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back