The Garden -- Rakies shallow SPS cube

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think final count was like 80 or so -- Definitely a lot. as they grow out i'll anticipate fitting like 40 of them, and eventually probably 20 once they're mini colonies.. If I stop fragging them that is :D

So it will be like 60 in the end. LOL

reefwreak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mildly annoyed is better than full-blown brown or STN/RTN. It's always a fine line in this hobby, so I'd take mildly annoyed any day. You'll be back on the horse again with fantastic coloration in no time. Until you decide to make a major tweak/change again :p

Looks good so far. Sorry the goby isn't finding their correct home. Whatever, as long as nothing is bothering it, and it's sleeping soundly, who are we to tell them where to sleep?

Thanks for the updates!

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;Troll

All good?

Yeah we just finished RAP California. I was mostly at the shark tank teasing kids cuz I'm still slightly crippled lol. They're still working but Im in the way so I left early. I'm used to grinding the whole event, so this was different!

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah we just finished RAP California. I was mostly at the shark tank teasing kids cuz I'm still slightly crippled lol. They're still working but Im in the way so I left early. I'm used to grinding the whole event, so this was different!

Any media from ur weekend?

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any media from ur weekend?

Uhh.. I took this picture of @Ryanbrs when he wasn't looking

Otherwise I ended up a lil too busy! Lol

DSC_1054~01-02.jpeg

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a few more pictures that look better.

IMG_0001 by T S, on Flickr

IMG_0011 by T S, on Flickr

IMG_0013 by T S, on Flickr

I'll be putting a bunch of 4" tiles on the bottom for coral grow out too. More than a few need more space than those shelves give, and that would just be a waste of space for the structure until I've got an idea of what I want to be placed permanently.
Hey, (again...No notices...so I fell behind).

Cool, the NEW Tank Setup looks great with the Rock Structure you started ages ago. Got that Firefish swimming by.
Also I see no sign of Bubble Algae.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah just been super buys, and frankly, I like tapatalk much more.

So, Bubble Algae is gone, was annoying but it's no more! Unfortunately the Ulva my tang loved he just got sick of eating, so now i've got ulva. After running a lot of carbon, I started growing a little bryopsis, which I had gotten rid of a few years ago.

So I'm going to try vivid's recommended blue life fluconazole. I've only had bad results from 1 fluconazole and that was the reef HD. If it works it works, if it doesn't, it doesn't.

Corals are still iffy and ugly. All expected.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah just been super buys, and frankly, I like tapatalk much more.

So, Bubble Algae is gone, was annoying but it's no more! Unfortunately the Ulva my tang loved he just got sick of eating, so now i've got ulva. After running a lot of carbon, I started growing a little bryopsis, which I had gotten rid of a few years ago.

So I'm going to try vivid's recommended blue life fluconazole. I've only had bad results from 1 fluconazole and that was the reef HD. If it works it works, if it doesn't, it doesn't.

Corals are still iffy and ugly. All expected.
Good to hear from you. Happy to hear about the bubble algae, but, of course, always something new to deal with.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No deaths but very iffy. I tested carefully and have not had not released any detectable ammonia in the tank at all, but the corals are reacting like there was some anyways! Maybe there was a little, but definitely no full-blown cycle that was detectable.

Right now most everything is fine, a few are worse for wear, and a few have managed to brown out a little, but all in all they're fine. But I'm not pleased with them.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Miss ya bub... sorry to hear the struggles continue to batter u. No losses is always a +. How have the last few batches of shipments doing? I recall you getting like 20-30 new pieces over the last few months...

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Miss ya bub... sorry to hear the struggles continue to batter u. No losses is always a +. How have the last few batches of shipments doing? I recall you getting like 20-30 new pieces over the last few months...

I'm still around I just kinda forgot for awhile! And not really a struggle just an annoyance, all part of the hobby.

All the new pickups are fine, they're at a friend's. My friend had me sell a bunch for him and pickup new corals with the profit so I figured I'd let him hold them.

Back