OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a quick and dirty pic, glass isn't clean, lots if floaters in the water still, etc etc.

There still isn't room for everything but I expected that. Corals that don't fit will sit on the bottom for now, and most likely transition to frag tank too -- which also needs a little revamp.

2ffe3dc4a6e7fdb4ed00cb3b9ad21ad2.jpg

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a quick and dirty pic, glass isn't clean, lots if floaters in the water still, etc etc.

There still isn't room for everything but I expected that. Corals that don't fit will sit on the bottom for now, and most likely transition to frag tank too -- which also needs a little revamp.

Looks great!

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far the only thing that's annoyed is the leopard -- I have no doubt he'll figure it out, but still makes me sad to see him digging away at nothing :(

I'll either go with a tupperware that has sand like I used to, or i'll put in a larger 3/4" to 1" tube and hope he sleeps in there.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Looks excellent... and packed!

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I've got quite a few corals I plan to place on the bottom of the tank on 4" plates
I have to say I always liked the concept, not always the result. This looks like a winner to me.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say I always liked the concept, not always the result. This looks like a winner to me.
My tank has always been stuffed to the gills, and this puts them in the better environment for growth. It can look artificial, but those plastic plates started floating at first so I can't say too much about artificial lol.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off... wow. You actually have a reef now buddy! Looks fabulous! Nice pick man.

So far the only thing that's annoyed is the leopard -- I have no doubt he'll figure it out, but still makes me sad to see him digging away at nothing :(

I'll either go with a tupperware that has sand like I used to, or i'll put in a larger 3/4" to 1" tube and hope he sleeps in there.

I could be wrong, and I usually am, fudsey usually watches my back for the dumb stuff i post at times... but...

It appears your flow is strong at the top, cooking from the back, and moves over the top and then down the front and diminishes to the back... why not drop a half a 20lbs bag of whatever your wrasse had before down the back side of the glass, and give him a fat mound centered along the back wall? And dont spread it. Leave it in a pile if the flow allows for it? Just a suggestion. The Tupperware idea is what I did, but only for qt as I have 120lbs of bimini pink in the DT

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tag @Fudsey

Not sure how Ive not found this thread before but it’ll take me quite a while to read through!

I found some wrasse dens from the guy that made those magnetic rock frag mounts. I’m drawing a blank on the company name just now but they were a sponsor here. He had some issues with his hands and isn’t molding them anymore to my knowledge. Tupperware worked for me with a Radiant for quite a while but was messy. I needed to vacuum the bottom often and refill the container periodically.

With these they are covered to a degree so in theory less messy but I haven’t tried yet since losing my sand sleepers to velvet.

**Alternative Reef I believe was the company**

03D36AC9-E00C-4A4B-8556-CB0A2ED603C4.jpeg AD90CA28-5AB5-414F-AAC1-6672930D2F72.jpeg

Last edited:

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tag @Fudsey

Not sure how Ive not found this thread before but it’ll take me quite a while to read through!

I found some wrasse dens from the guy that made those magnetic rock frag mounts. I’m drawing a blank on the company name just now but they were a sponsor here. He had some issues with his hands and isn’t molding them anymore to my knowledge. Tupperware worked for me with a Radiant for quite a while but was messy. I needed to vacuum the bottom often and refill the container periodically.

With these they are covered to a degree so in theory less messy but I haven’t tried yet since losing my sand sleepers to velvet.

**Alternative Reef I believe was the company**

03D36AC9-E00C-4A4B-8556-CB0A2ED603C4.jpeg AD90CA28-5AB5-414F-AAC1-6672930D2F72.jpeg
Those are awesome!

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It appears your flow is strong at the top, cooking from the back, and moves over the top and then down the front and diminishes to the back

I'll be moving the pumps down and angling them towards the top of the water, this is just the immediate placement. Nothing is in it's final spot yet, pumps and corals included. They were just placed to get it done for the day.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 80 87.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back