The Tenecor® Desktop AIO Drop Off DIY Drops April 13th, 2024

Jim Gomoll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes i have some lol! I memt the light/stand bit.
That was a foam board mockup with elec. tape. Will be making a black acrylic base for this one.
Inside I used a submersible white/blue led underneath. Many other cheap led sets out there. AIiexpress has many much cheaper than Amazon.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Question: where would be a good place to get 5" wide strips of acrylic?

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks! I want to make some "made-to-fit" Dosing containers and was considering just printing them but it's a 28 hour print job... That's a lot of opportunity for failure.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I want to make some "made-to-fit" Dosing containers and was considering just printing them but it's a 28 hour print job... That's a lot of opportunity for failure.
Sketch up something. I have some ideas myself for these.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sketch up something. I have some ideas myself for these.
I'm looking at simple 5" x 2.5" x 5" or 5" x or 5" x 3" x 5" chambers to fit under the sump. Overall dimensions are going to be either 12.625" or 10.625" x 5.25" x 5" with 1/8" acrylic. I'll sketch something up. I think my calculations are off slightly.

Is 1/8" acrylic going to make it more difficult though? Being thinner acrylic I would assume it's going to be easier to make a mess and harder to get level?

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at simple 5" x 2.5" x 5" or 5" x or 5" x 3" x 5" chambers to fit under the sump. Overall dimensions are going to be either 12.625" or 10.625" x 5.25" x 5" with 1/8" acrylic. I'll sketch something up. I think my calculations are off slightly.

Is 1/8" acrylic going to make it more difficult though? Being thinner acrylic I would assume it's going to be easier to make a mess and harder to get level?
I have a design for silicone assembly. Optional solvent. I will share soon.

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have completed my desktop aio. What I have learned is… I will just buy an already built version next time. I’m trash at it.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have completed my desktop aio. What I have learned is… I will just buy an already built version next time. I’m trash at it.
This is why I want to do an acrylic dosing setup - more practice and it's under the sump so if it looks garbage... :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Solvent weld is not easy. You should see some of our screwups. The drop off design will be a hybrid silicone and solvent weld. I am working on designing success into the build process. I already have a silicone only sump design that will be prototyping this week.

ATO reservoir and dosing pumps are pretty simple and good candidates for silicone only assembly.

Take a look at this >>>https://www.tenecoraquariums.com/collections/diy-kits-sumps

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Solvent weld is not easy. You should see some of our screwups. The drop off design will be a hybrid silicone and solvent weld. I am working on designing success into the build process. I already have a silicone only sump design that will be prototyping this week.

ATO reservoir and dosing pumps are pretty simple and good candidates for silicone only assembly.

Take a look at this >>>https://www.tenecoraquariums.com/collections/diy-kits-sumps
Is this the sump diy you were mentioning earlier this week?

Johnd651

Getting back in after 10+ years
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a design for silicone assembly. Optional solvent. I will share soon.
How difficult is it to do hexagonal shaped acrylic dosing containers? They would all fit together like honeycomb very well, and you could keep the sides all the same width, just adjust height for different gallonage?

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Part of why mine is still sitting wrapped up for me to stare at daily. I'm afraid to wreck it

Minifoot77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Will this get a code or is that the final price?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back