The Tenecor® Desktop AIO Drop Off DIY Drops April 13th, 2024

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the hygger one. I had one lasted a year or two.
Ran that one on my old pico for the however many years that was going, recently tested it to make sure it still works for the new diy I still haven't put together.

dansyr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long do you recommend leak testing before implementing the tanks or ATO into service?
+1 also looking for an answer to this question.

I struggled with the previous frag tank DIY build, after getting it leak-free it would always fail ~3-5 days after. Disassembled, refinished edges, re-assembled, same story. I suspect because I didn't get 100% coverage on all joints, it may have absorbed & warped and pulled itself apart? But that didn't have the eurobrace, so I'm hoping that's game changer here. Planning a long leak test on this one, but.... how long?

Jim Gomoll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 also looking for an answer to this question.

I struggled with the previous frag tank DIY build, after getting it leak-free it would always fail ~3-5 days after. Disassembled, refinished edges, re-assembled, same story. I suspect because I didn't get 100% coverage on all joints, it may have absorbed & warped and pulled itself apart? But that didn't have the eurobrace, so I'm hoping that's game changer here. Planning a long leak test on this one, but.... how long?
Pulled this info off other sites asking same question.
It depends on what glue you used. Check the directions.
Weldon 4 and 16. Directions state 80percent strength 24-48 hrs.
You can water test 36 to 48 hrs. Let sit for 24 hours then drain. After that let it sit at least another 72 hours before filling it back up to let the seams fully cure. If you don't wait the 72hrs, acrylic panels absorb water slower than the seams which then can lead to the joints turning white and failing over time.

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can water test 36 to 48 hrs. Let sit for 24 hours then drain. After that let it sit at least another 72 hours before filling it back up to let the seams fully cure. If you don't wait the 72hrs, acrylic panels absorb water slower than the seams which then can lead to the joints turning white and failing over time.
Thanks for this. Mine definitely sat for 72 total without water before I leak tested them.

dansyr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome, thanks. did about a week between last weld and water. plus silicone on seams in AIO side. Really hoping it works. And the eurobrace for added safety.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE. The prototype turned out better than expected. In my humble opinion, it is the sweetest little DIY we have offered. They guys put one together the way an average hobbyist would. Some hiccups we will address but the end result is truly impressive. You guys are gonna like this one. Teaser pics below. I will be posting details later. It's my 20th anniversary with my lovely and time to call it a day. All the best. IMG_9916.jpeg
IMG_9915.jpeg

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE. The prototype turned out better than expected. In my humble opinion, it is the sweetest little DIY we have offered. They guys put one together the way an average hobbyist would. Some hiccups we will address but the end result is truly impressive. You guys are gonna like this one. Teaser pics below. I will be posting details later. It's my 20th anniversary with my lovely and time to call it a day. All the best. IMG_9916.jpeg
IMG_9915.jpeg
Congrats on 20! Tank looks awesome, too!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
IMG_9915.jpeg
We hit 22 in December.

Trixter227

Wrasse Wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_9915.jpeg
Pretty neat looking! Happy 20th

Minifoot77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man.. you’re going to have to stop posting all this crazy drop off stuff.. idk that my wife is going to let me set up all these little tanks! for real though.. this thing is sweet! I might give the diy thing a try.
I'm already talking to a lawyer about retainer fees... my wife isn't going to like these lol

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm already talking to a lawyer about retainer fees... my wife isn't going to like these lol
Retainer fees cost a lot. Use all of the money on the tanks and there'll be nothing left to split... unless she diabolically wants half of your tanks!

Johnd651

Getting back in after 10+ years
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Retainer fees cost a lot. Use all of the money on the tanks and there'll be nothing left to split... unless she diabolically wants half of your tanks!
I'll be more then happy to send you a congratulations you won a new tank postcard, lol. That should cover the tracks.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back