Medicore nano reef

Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey everyone, I finally got a tank I can afford :p it is a innovative marine nuvo 10. I got it used at a swap meet no filters, or lights, or other fun stuff just the pump and tank. I am adding salt today I only added a cup of redsea blue bucket salt since I don't remember what the mixing instructions are. I don't have a stock list yet, but I do have a aquascape, I will get pictures later(I don't own a phone or camera so I have to wait until my parents aren't busy)

equipment list for what I currently own

. im nuvo 10

. pump that came with it

. 25 watt heater no controller for it yet

. XP aqua duetto dual sensor ato

. rock, and sand

. small koralia pump I think around 240 gph

equipment list for what I am considering

. kesiil a80

. some type of controller reef-pi? I am on a budget so apex and ghl are a no

. controllable flow pump

. sicce .5 or 1

let me know if you have ideas for stock or equipment

OP
OP
Lemon

Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Refractometer
D
yeah I forgot about that, I already have one lol.
good luck , this hobby can become addicting
I'm already addicted to freshwater tanks . . . which tank addiction will win.

Note I am disappointed in r2r's emoji selection really rev no thinking emoji ;Facepalm

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good start! Regards Red Sea Blue Label salt mixing, see my google sheet for the calculations in terms of grams (or lbs) of salt per gallon. I use a simple kitchen scale to measure the salt and a 5 gallon water jug to measure the water volume. The resulting salinity measured with refractometer comes out very consistently to 1.025 using the ratio in that sheet (which comes from the Red Sea "cookbook").

OP
OP
Lemon

Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good start! Regards Red Sea Blue Label salt mixing, see my google sheet for the calculations in terms of grams (or lbs) of salt per gallon. I use a simple kitchen scale to measure the salt and a 5 gallon water jug to measure the water volume. The resulting salinity measured with refractometer comes out very consistently to 1.025 using the ratio in that sheet (which comes from the Red Sea "cookbook").
I don't plan to use it, but I had it from my first tank that never had fish, or coral. I don't want to mix saltwater so I plan to buy from my lfs

OP
OP
Lemon

Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10 gallon reef.jpeg

here is a picture of the tank sorry about the angle I don't want to be in the reflections

ChaosAquaculture

Specializing in the Ridiculous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I forgot about that, I already have one lol.

I'm already addicted to freshwater tanks . . . which tank addiction will win.

Note I am disappointed in r2r's emoji selection really rev no thinking emoji ;Facepalm
As someone who has both saltwater and freshwater tanks, you’ll be addicted to both . The innovative marine Nuevo ten is a great tank to start out with. If you plan on doing coral, gsp, and zoas are a good start. - kali

OP
OP
Lemon

Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone who has both saltwater and freshwater tanks, you’ll be addicted to both . The innovative marine Nuevo ten is a great tank to start out with. If you plan on doing coral, gsp, and zoas are a good start. - kali
I love acans, and zoas, I'm not sure how I feel about gsp maybe on the back wall
what kind of freshwater tanks do you have? my kribensis spawned and they are the first fish I have ever bred

ChaosAquaculture

Specializing in the Ridiculous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love acans, and zoas, I'm not sure how I feel about gsp maybe on the back wall
what kind of freshwater tanks do you have? my kribensis spawned and they are the first fish I have ever bred
I loveee acans as well. I personally put gsp on the back of my IM ten, but be prepared to have to keep it at bay, I wouldn’t let it spread onto rocks as it’s much harder to take off if it grows too fast. I rescue all freshwater, I have a 150 gallon pond for my rescue goldfish, a 125 gallon for my rescue angelfish that also hold some random rescue community fish as well as all my female rescue bettas for a sorority. I keep wild bettas, and make bettas as well. In total I have 8 freshwater tanks currently. - kali

OP
OP
Lemon

Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loveee acans as well. I personally put gsp on the back of my IM ten, but be prepared to have to keep it at bay, I wouldn’t let it spread onto rocks as it’s much harder to take off if it grows too fast. I rescue all freshwater, I have a 150 gallon pond for my rescue goldfish, a 125 gallon for my rescue angelfish that also hold some random rescue community fish as well as all my female rescue bettas for a sorority. I keep wild bettas, and make bettas as well. In total I have 8 freshwater tanks currently. - kali
I have 4 freshwater tanks 2.5 rimless, 2 10s, 20 long, 75

OP
OP
Lemon

Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the tank has water, now I need to cycle and buy lights. I won't be adding fish/inverts until late july.

so I was thinking maybe I could start a youtube channel to document my tank and aquarium projects. would anyone be interested? any comments?

eatyourpeas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the tank has water, now I need to cycle and buy lights. I won't be adding fish/inverts until late july.

so I was thinking maybe I could start a youtube channel to document my tank and aquarium projects. would anyone be interested? any comments?
I found it a lot easier to keep track of changes once I could watch videos abut the tanks. :)

OP
OP
Lemon

Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it has been awhile since I have updated. I haven't done anything with the tank. but I am working again so maybe I will make some progress

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back