Too much flow?

RickvDam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,
So I have a waterbox Peninsula 15 with stock return pump and a Nero 3 wavemaker. I got a tiny hammer and a little bit bigger frogspawn. They are currently in the frag rack but I think my flow is too much. I got no deadspots and all the debree doesn't touch the sand. But I'm just not sure if my corals like it.

The plan is: on the top of the rocks some SPS,
on the bottom a zoa garden and in the middle hammers etc.

In one of the video's, they are both on the rack and they still get this much flow even after a rock and glass. The second video is where I want to start putting them. And that is the flow they will get.

IMG_4812.PNG
IMG_4813.PNG

OP
OP
R

RickvDam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So for some reason my video's simply wouldn't post... Kept giving me errors. Hopefully this works.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you need to host them on YouTube. At least for iphone users to see. I had a powerhead in my IM20 aio and it was too much for my hammer. Just using the two returns. I may add two random flow generator tips at some point.

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be a little aggressive but is there an area you could put them in with lower flow...i run flow higher at night and ramp down a little during the day when full extension occurs due to lighting seems to help quite a bit.

OP
OP
R

RickvDam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be a little aggressive but is there an area you could put them in with lower flow...i run flow higher at night and ramp down a little during the day when full extension occurs due to lighting seems to help quite a bit.
Sadly due to my scape, that is the area with the least amount of flow. I don't want to glue him there if he ends up hating the spot.

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had the frags for? Only reason why im saying maybe a little too much in the first video you can see the hammer completely flatten out horizontally which is pulling at the base tissue...this can be ok in some cases but can also cause the hammer to not fully extend in order to protect itself from damage. I was just going off my experiences and a few others ive talked to about it when i was having similar issues no expert by any means just an opinion...

OP
OP
R

RickvDam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had the frags for? Only reason why im saying maybe a little too much in the first video you can see the hammer completely flatten out horizontally which is pulling at the base tissue...this can be ok in some cases but can also cause the hammer to not fully extend in order to protect itself from damage. I was just going off my experiences and a few others ive talked to about it when i was having similar issues no expert by any means just an opinion...
I've had the frag for 3-4 days now. It normally is on it's frag rack and before the video was about 5 minutes after putting it there. If I don't glue it it will get knocked over, and I really don't wanna glue it for it to not be happy.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 54 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back