Torch not opening up fully

Scaggs1117

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2023
Messages
193
Reaction score
39
Location
Queens
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so I’ve had a torch for a few weeks, it has opened up way bigger than it is now but for some reason it stays retracted. My Acans seem to be fine. I also have a GSP that isn’t opening up any more either and it used to look like a nice patch of grass blowing in the wind. I believe my parameters are fine the last time I checked them they were fine. No ammonia, nitrite etc. you think this could be too high flow? Not enough flow? Maybe too much or too little light? I have a hipargero 100w 5chann on the LPS setting and a Jerepet 2100gph mini DC 12v 12W power head on the 20% setting
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0397.mov
    36.5 MB
Nitrates and Phospate levels need to be safely elevated for LPS and GSP. Zero is probably not healthy for the corals unless you run SPS only. This balance is delicate for mixed reef.
 
How would I elevate them, more food?
 
Nitrates and Phospate levels need to be safely elevated for LPS and GSP. Zero is probably not healthy for the corals unless you run SPS only. This balance is delicate for mixed reef.
How would I elevate them, more food?
 
Dose neo-nitro and neo-phos to desired level of Nitrates and Phosphates
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 31 30.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new