Transporting lions and eel

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mordie101
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mordie101

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2018
Messages
781
Reaction score
531
Location
Jackson area
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! I am new to the predator world and I’m currently waiting to transport a dwarf zebra, fu Manchu, and antennata lion fish. Along with a snowflake eel and a long spine urchin.. my drive is roughly 4.5 hours.
Any advice or tips on containers or handling the fish to transport from bag/bucket to tank..?
thanks anyone who replies!
 
Buckets are best, vented snapped down lid for eel and water line low enough so the lions can't jump. I may over do it but when I made a similar trip I used a battery operated air pump and stone, and occasionally aerated the water. As @piranhaman00 mentioned, use something like a container or plastic strainer to catch the lions so their spikes won't get caught in a net.
 
Buckets are best, vented snapped down lid for eel and water line low enough so the lions can't jump. I may over do it but when I made a similar trip I used a battery operated air pump and stone, and occasionally aerated the water. As @piranhaman00 mentioned, use something like a container or plastic strainer to catch the lions so their spikes won't get caught in a net.
Thank you very much!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new