Transporting lions and eel

Mordie101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! I am new to the predator world and I’m currently waiting to transport a dwarf zebra, fu Manchu, and antennata lion fish. Along with a snowflake eel and a long spine urchin.. my drive is roughly 4.5 hours.
Any advice or tips on containers or handling the fish to transport from bag/bucket to tank..?
thanks anyone who replies!

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buckets are best, vented snapped down lid for eel and water line low enough so the lions can't jump. I may over do it but when I made a similar trip I used a battery operated air pump and stone, and occasionally aerated the water. As @piranhaman00 mentioned, use something like a container or plastic strainer to catch the lions so their spikes won't get caught in a net.

OP
OP
Mordie101

Mordie101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buckets are best, vented snapped down lid for eel and water line low enough so the lions can't jump. I may over do it but when I made a similar trip I used a battery operated air pump and stone, and occasionally aerated the water. As @piranhaman00 mentioned, use something like a container or plastic strainer to catch the lions so their spikes won't get caught in a net.
Thank you very much!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 47 33.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back