Trident FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Re-purposing is what I've done over the years.

Yeah I'll use the lite on my kids tank when I actually get around to getting the newer version. Gig a big tank install to do first.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the positivity guys. Sorry but I cannot give the detailed answers to many of your questions at this time simply because we either do not have enough information, or it is just not something I care to comment on.

Realize too it is likely that whatever scenario you come up with for how we "could" have created this amazing product, we've already considered it. There were many things to weigh here to go one direction or another. We understand that the directions we decided to go will not fit everyones needs. That is never possible with a product.

For now, we have not yet developed the more advanced software routines for using the data the Trident provides. I am excited for that part for sure.

Again - thanks for replying - what would be helpful for everyone is if you could quote which ever post you're referring to - though I have to admit - its also hit or miss when I try to do it. :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Again - thanks for replying - what would be helpful for everyone is if you could quote which ever post you're referring to - though I have to admit - its also hit or miss when I try to do it. :)

We have quote...

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

frenchie01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our products generally release to markets outside NA around 90 days subsequent to their NA release.

The fmk and atk are not out in the uk yet and I've given up on when the new eb will be coming to the uk. So your 90 day theory doesn't hold up

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fmk and atk are not out in the uk yet and I've given up on when the new eb will be coming to the uk. So your 90 day theory doesn't hold up
I believe the ATK and FMK will be in shops this week. I'm pretty sure I said "about 90 days". Sometimes it takes a bit more time. There never was an announcement of a new Energy Bar for 220V systems. I think I have stated in various threads the challenges with development of Energy Bars for outside NA compared to other modules and devices.

VelocityTech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of the attitudes displayed in this thread just stink, I'm sure there are times when Terence wonders why he bothers. Open your eyes and your minds and realise what Neptune are bringing to the market.

I do agree!

What they are bringing to the market is simply put an essential tool for the advanced Reef keeper.

I live at the edge of technology , and I refuse to accept; do this because " It just works", OR This is the only right way because IT WORKS!

I can't wait to test ALK, CA, Ma Multiple times per day, slowly dialing in my tanks swing to almost absolute.
I may be one of the guys that test FAR MORE TIMES than the recommended time tables for the first few months.
I love crunching data, and this will give me lots of data to crunch.

Being we all like to keep different specimens/Trace levels, I do believe this has the ability in time, To Change what we know today as recommended parameters.
It's already been proven in the lab, increasing certain elements increases "Normal" Growth.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of the attitudes displayed in this thread just stink, I'm sure there are times when Terence wonders why he bothers. Open your eyes and your minds and realise what Neptune are bringing to the market.

Not sure to what you refer specifically, but a robust debate never 'stinks'. I, for one, have been keeping reef tanks for way too long not to be skeptical about new approaches. Yes, some of them prove to be essential and well worth adopting ..... many others, not so much. So it has nothing to do with opening eyes or ears, rather separating the 'wheat from the chaff'. I suspect trident will become essential to the novice reefer, or to the travelers; less so perhaps to the more advanced and experienced folks who have alk + under control already.

And, FWIW, I have spent far too much on apex gear - that's why he bothers.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Part of the problem reading this is that without quoting the posts you're concerned with , its hard to know what you mean. Are you implying that people are personally attacking Terence or that somehow people are abusing him personally? Are you implying that people are unfairly criticizing Neptune as a company? It is really unclear what you're point is.

Though Im sure many if not all of the people that work at Neptune care about the advancement of the hobby, at the end of the day, the reason that companies develop new products is to profit from those products. Neptune is not giving hobbyists a charitable gift here. They are developing a product and expect people will pay for it. In return for that payment, Neptune should also expect people will ask questions/raise concerns.

The reason Terrence 'bothers' is that we 'his customers' are paying money to the company for which he works. Many of us have paid LOTS of money to his company. Some of us have paid LOTS of money for livestock that was lost due to malfunction of some of their products (Yes Im referring to the Chip problem in the first iterations of the Apex 2016). For you to state that 'others should open their eyes and minds' as if you are the final word on all the topics discussed up until now, tells a lot more about your attitude than anything else.

It is a discussion board. It is not a forum where Neptune (or any other company) should be able to post about a new product and everyone is expected to be wildly positive and unquestioning about that product.

frenchie01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the ATK and FMK will be in shops this week. I'm pretty sure I said "about 90 days". Sometimes it takes a bit more time. There never was an announcement of a new Energy Bar for 220V systems. I think I have stated in various threads the challenges with development of Energy Bars for outside NA compared to other modules and devices.

Could you point me in the direction of one of these threads please

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Part of the problem reading this is that without quoting the posts you're concerned with , its hard to know what you mean. Are you implying that people are personally attacking Terence or that somehow people are abusing him personally? Are you implying that people are unfairly criticizing Neptune as a company? It is really unclear what you're point is.

Though Im sure many if not all of the people that work at Neptune care about the advancement of the hobby, at the end of the day, the reason that companies develop new products is to profit from those products. Neptune is not giving hobbyists a charitable gift here. They are developing a product and expect people will pay for it. In return for that payment, Neptune should also expect people will ask questions/raise concerns.

The reason Terrence 'bothers' is that we 'his customers' are paying money to the company for which he works. Many of us have paid LOTS of money to his company. Some of us have paid LOTS of money for livestock that was lost due to malfunction of some of their products (Yes Im referring to the Chip problem in the first iterations of the Apex 2016). For you to state that 'others should open their eyes and minds' as if you are the final word on all the topics discussed up until now, tells a lot more about your attitude than anything else.

It is a discussion board. It is not a forum where Neptune (or any other company) should be able to post about a new product and everyone is expected to be wildly positive and unquestioning about that product.
And now if we want to keep everything apex we are forced to upgrade to that same ugly controller that still has problems(look at brs last ten reviews of it) we also are forced to buy the whole setup as it has been stated we will eventually need new probes anyway and please don't get me started on the conductivity probe and the ability to see my power consumption. My opinion is different everyone still buys the classic apex because it is proven and they haven't sold as many new apex's as they thought because why as us consumers by something that has had so many problems and this is their way of cleaning the shelfs. Just my opinion no facts or anything behind it except that a majority of my fish friends have bought the classic in the last year instead of the new one.

I love the idea of the trident but for me my upgrade math is a little diffent then what the op has stated earlier in the thread and it envoles no apex based equipment.

There will be people who upgrade to the new apex because of this but i am not one of them. They just lost a loyal customer because my thinking is if they are forceing u to buy a whole controller now for this 5-600 dollar tester when their next controller comes out what's going to stop them from forcing u to upgrade to that for the next gadget they release.

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And now if we want to keep everything apex we are forced to upgrade to that same ugly controller...

...There will be people who upgrade to the new apex because of this but i am not one of them. They just lost a loyal customer because my thinking is if they are forceing u to buy a whole controller now for this 5-600 dollar tester when their next controller comes out what's going to stop them from forcing u to upgrade to that for the next gadget they release.
No one is forcing you to do anything. Clearly this is the case as we have heard your voice more than once in this regard that you will not be a customer for the Trident. I got that. All I can say is that this is the way technology goes - it is nothing new. My driving wheel for my Xbox360 will not work on the XboxOne (I was bummed). Airbuds will not work on an iPhone 4s. The new Radion lenses will not fit a Gen2 Radion. Many of my (legacy) iPhone apps I know and love will not work on the upcoming iOS11. These are just a few examples - I am sure many readers of this thread can come up with more (and better) examples.

We are going to keep innovating. As many others in our market and those in technology do. Above in the FAQ and in other posts I have given clear and transparent reasoning for our decisions when I can. I have no regrets about our decision because I know how many new software and hardware improvements we have continued to make for many, many years.

There is no grand conspiracy here. I will still be here to answer any questions I can, but at least in this vendor thread, let's stay constructive.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No one is forcing you to do anything. Clearly this is the case as we have heard your voice more than once in this regard that you will not be a customer for the Trident. I got that. All I can say is that this is the way technology goes - it is nothing new. My driving wheel for my Xbox360 will not work on the XboxOne (I was bummed). Airbuds will not work on an iPhone 4s. The new Radion lenses will not fit a Gen2 Radion. Many of my (legacy) iPhone apps I know and love will not work on the upcoming iOS11. These are just a few examples - I am sure many readers of this thread can come up with more (and better) examples.

We are going to keep innovating. As many others in our market and those in technology do. Above in the FAQ and in other posts I have given clear and transparent reasoning for our decisions when I can. I have no regrets about our decision because I know how many new software and hardware improvements we have continued to make for many, many years.

There is no grand conspiracy here. I will still be here to answer any questions I can, but at least in this vendor thread, let's stay constructive.
If I want an apex alk monitor to go with everything else apex I have and spent my money on what do I need?
Without the trident being a paper weight how much is the trident for me and a majority of the people out there who control there tank with ur products?
Ur speil about it being the cheapest monitor on the market because it has to be is a lie. I mean it is if u already have ur new apex that doesn't work properly. But even then ur monitor is still a 1400-1500 dollar monitor. Simple math. And since ur so happy to say that my apex won't loose value will u buy it off me? U will eventually need new probes so it's a good deal in the end.

And this is my second post on this thread the one u replied to was the first so unless ur a mind reader how have u heard my voice more then once loud and clear? But maby u should know that there is more then one person who thinks this way
A loyal customer who's getting bullied into a product that isn't as good as the original because tech moves forward. Usually when tech moves forward the newer version is better the iPhone 5 was better then the iPhone four the Xbox one was better then the Xbox 360 I am sure many readers of this thread can come up with more (and better) examples of the newer version being better.

When ur at the top the only way to go is down.

And ur right ur not forceimg me to buy the trident ur forceimg me to go to ur competitor.

Fabianslit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I want an apex alk monitor to go with everything else apex I have and spent my money on what do I need?
Without the trident being a paper weight how much is the trident for me and a majority of the people out there who control there tank with ur products?
Ur speil about it being the cheapest monitor on the market because it has to be is a lie. I mean it is if u already have ur new apex that doesn't work properly. But even then ur monitor is still a 1400-1500 dollar monitor. Simple math. And since ur so happy to say that my apex won't loose value will u buy it off me? U will eventually need new probes so it's a good deal in the end.

And this is my second post on this thread the one u replied to was the first so unless ur a mind reader how have u heard my voice more then once loud and clear? But maby u should know that there is more then one person who thinks this way
A loyal customer who's getting bullied into a product that isn't as good as the original because tech moves forward. Usually when tech moves forward the newer version is better the iPhone 5 was better then the iPhone four the Xbox one was better then the Xbox 360 I am sure many readers of this thread can come up with more (and better) examples of the newer version being better.

When ur at the top the only way to go is down.

And ur right ur not forceimg me to buy the trident ur forceimg me to go to ur competitor.
As he's said the longer you wait to try and pull off the upgrade the less value it will hold.
I bought an apex 2016 and then a junior. am I completely upset my junior doesn't work the same way my 2016 does? No its different. Have any of my tanks crashed because I don't have the trident? No.

See the trident is more of a luxury item in the hobby, the same as the roller Mats, does it really reflect a cost value of $600 dollar to have automated roller mat? To most not really but to a few yes.

Again the 2016 model isn't an apex gold with the only upgrade being you get to use the new trident.

No one is forcing you to buy the newest toy out there, no module will stop working because you don't have the new trident. No module you have already bought stops working because you haven't bought the new apex 2016.

For the same price point of buying the new apex and the trident the competitor doesn't even come close to offering you the same things that the apex does. So stand alone new consumer should realize that the two combined is far superior to any single product offered by anyone else.

Again as Terrance said you haven't offered anything constructive, if you would have taken the time to actually read all comments presented by Terrance you would realize most of your points have already been answered.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whether one personally likes it or not, technology moves on and new stuff makes old stuff obsolete. I said this earlier, but I will reiterate: I really hate to see any tech company limit what is possible in new products due to legacy kit constraints. It was inevitable that the technological limitations of the classic controller would be exceeded at some point, just as it is inevitable that the technological limitations of the 2016 will also be exceeded at some point in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back