Trident Owners - Do You Still Test Manually?

If you own a Trident, do you still perform manual tests?

  • Yes

    Votes: 39 56.5%
  • No

    Votes: 30 43.5%

  • Total voters
    69
I feel compelled to chime in here. I own a Trident and have stopped testing for ALK, Ca, and Mg. I'll probably still run a manual test every three months or so. For my part, I think the Trident introduces impartiality into the test. You're eliminating observational bias, and I haven't seen the sample data, but I'd bet an amount of money significant to me that the Trident is more accurate and precise than any rando tester out there. I trust it, it works well, and it makes my life easier. In reading through this thread, it looks like there is a ton of paranoia out there
 
No.

The Trident for me isn't about chasing a specific number - it's about keeping things stable at whatever number my tank happens to be at given all that I've got set up. For that reason, using a different testing method would actually be counter to my goal. Or rather; it would only be testing the testing method - not telling me anything useful about my tank.
This!! I dont look for a specific number i look for consistency. I will only test if something appears off or completely out of whack. I do test every few days, nitrates and phosphates however.
 
I don't routinely do manual tests. I generally only test if something starts to look off to determine if I need to recalibrate the trident of adjust CA reactor flow or dosing. Generally my focus is only on Alk. Note when I first installed the trident I tested more often to get comfortable with how consistent it is.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new