Triton Other methods - getting started

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Timrpn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a guide somewhere to get started using the other methods? All the guides i see are for the FULL triton methods. Or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Thanks

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Though I have never looked for Other methods I know there is documentation out there.
I have stated before that the written documentation for each method and the specifications of the products could be much better laid out and organized.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a guide somewhere to get started using the other methods? All the guides i see are for the FULL triton methods. Or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Thanks
I'm using other methods ...can I help ...

OP
OP
Timrpn

Timrpn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using other methods ...can I help ...
Hi Jason, I am just not sure where to start...

I have a 75 gal tank with a Aqueon ProFlex Model 2. I dont have room for a skimmer and a refugium.
Currently I am using Aquaforest Reef Salt. My tank is mostly soft corals and some LPS. I have had no luck with SPS at this time.

I am just wondering where to start with Triton. How to get started on the other methods or if it is right for me.

Right now i just mostly keeping my levels and nutrients up with daily AWC of 1.2 gal a day, but i feel that maybe i am not replacing everything For my corals to thrive.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks
Triton has their own thread on here with all the info ..its basically the same as triton full only nutrients exports is different...I'm using Triton other methods.
Here's a link too their thread
If you dont know your daily uptake start dosing at 2ml ...and test alk ...dose all 4 equally ...3a and 3b can be combined in one container but double up your dose on that pump ...so it would be 1 2ml ...2 2ml ....3 4ml ...
You want alk at 8 dkh ...
Test daily and increase slowly till you reach 8 ..or decrease if its higher ...
Send a triton test off ...and you can follow their advice if you need too add trace elements...that's it basically

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 90g with oversized skimmer ,I'm running biopellets (for no3)in a media reactor and another one for rowaphos (for po4) to export nutrients ....I'm also dosing carbon ez from drs ..
Not having a skimmer isn't a problem if your bioload is small or you can export with media reactors ...rowaphos can be put in a sack instead but is less effective......
Doing a triton test ..will give you a great insight into your water .

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back