Turtle's Deep Blue Sea

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, saw another photo today. Same guy...

FB_IMG_1516714701897.jpg
Missed the fish

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m starting to see what’s all the rave for sps. Those are amazing
Yep, when I was a noob and didn't know alk from nitrates... I knew I wanted to keep SPS. I didn't know exactly which kind was which, but I knew I wanted those fuzzy sticks. I now know that is millepora, pocillopora, digitata, stylophora... Speaking of alk, I need to let the tank clear up after cleaning the rocks and back glass and check what our alkalinity is today.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to post, but alkalinity was 8.6dKH last night which is a drop of exactly 0 from Saturday. I'll keep doing as I have been, watching and keeping my hands off as much as possible.

Turtle, completly rearranging your rocks is not keeping your hands off.

You know what, that needed to be done. The tank looks much better now. I haven't seen you helping out with the tank lately.

Yea, that's because your name is on the title.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping it's that power head I adjusted yesterday. I angled it down to get more dirrect flow on the rocks. That bonsai is the closest thing to the power head. I angled it back up to shoot across the top of the rocks.

20180124_120111.jpg

Doesn't look so hot. Wasn't like that yesterday.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made a little video for y'all. Enjoy...

Nice video. Sushi poking out really cracked me up. Like he demanded to be included.

How long have you had that Sympodium? Does it grow? It looks very colorful in some vendor pictures. Do you find the colors saturated? It also seems from my research they can handle a decent amount of flow. I have been considering some in planning for my new build. I read they can grow slow which I think makes them desireable in a small aquarium (as opposed to say clove polyps which can take over). Thanks!

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice video. Sushi poking out really cracked me up. Like he demanded to be included.

How long have you had that Sympodium? Does it grow? It looks very colorful in some vendor pictures. Do you find the colors saturated? It also seems from my research they can handle a decent amount of flow. I have been considering some in planning for my new build. I read they can grow slow which I think makes them desireable in a small aquarium (as opposed to say clove polyps which can take over). Thanks!

The sympodium is very slow growing as opposed to blue clove polyps or GSP. Its maybe 1.5 times the size I got it in about 2 months time.

20180124_153534.jpg

Since Tiny Tim was hiding in the video...
20180124_153523.jpg

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How Maui doing and how is are the coral adjusting to the new scape

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a few days since an update. All corals are doing well with the scape. The bonsai appears to have stopped losing flesh, or at least slowed down. The pocillopora still has a bit of green, altho its 95% bare skeleton, and I've read that they will use polyp bail out as a means of reproduction when stressed, or when they feel like it... I'm gonna leave it in and see what happens.

New goodies came in. We'll make the third dosing container after night shift and get set up to dose. Alk dropped to 8.0 as of yesterday.
20180127_170648.jpg

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I can think about when I see Voss water is grown up movie.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back