Turtle's Fairy Tale

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my tank at estimated 60 gallons(kinda reverse calculated from dosing X amount of 2 part and testing where my parameters went, then plugging that in to BRS calculator until everything matched) a 0.4dKH drop would be a 17.1ml daily dose of BRS 2 part.

Using the ATI calculator and the same parameters, it would be a 6.4ml daily dose for undiluted essentials pro. It seems to be a bit more concentrated than the BRS 2 part.
So, if my math is right, that would put me around 32ml per day... hmm... time to looks up costs.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alk was at 8.7 tonight. Dossed 2 more ml of ATI.

Losing the tri color. Its STNing from a few spots. Hopefully the base hangs in there. The mystery acro also looks distressed but it has recovered from worse. ASD Rainbow mille looks fine. That thing is bullet proof.

Still haven't seen the bipartitus leopard yet. Hopefully within a few days she will be out cruising.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set up Jebao doser on 8ml a day with the ATI Pro. Hopefully it will stay on long enough for me to get a replacement. Power cord is a bit, finicky... oh well it's cheap junk and has lasted 2 years. Time to replace it with slightly less cheap junk.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a Coralbox wifi doser ordered from Reef Breeders. It had high reviews, and was only $170 for a wifi doser. I had been thinking of going with the ekoral dosing with plans to get the controller to go along with it later... but the reviews on the controller was a little lack luster. Seems its overpriced and underpowered. Cost more than an Apex, and has less features than Apex Jr. So, now I have to decide if I want the programming headache of the GHL or Apex.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a Coralbox wifi doser ordered from Reef Breeders. It had high reviews, and was only $170 for a wifi doser. I had been thinking of going with the ekoral dosing with plans to get the controller to go along with it later... but the reviews on the controller was a little lack luster. Seems its overpriced and underpowered. Cost more than an Apex, and has less features than Apex Jr. So, now I have to decide if I want the programming headache of the GHL or Apex.
I enjoy my GHL system but there were things about my old Apex that I liked better. I wouldn't have switched if the Apex had been more reliable. I don't think that was a systemic issue with Apex, mine was likely a bit of a lemon. The only big advantage I see with GHL is if you use a lot of dosing heads. I currently use 5 dosing heads which would have been much more expensive and take up more space with the Apex.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I enjoy my GHL system but there were things about my old Apex that I liked better. I wouldn't have switched if the Apex had been more reliable. I don't think that was a systemic issue with Apex, mine was likely a bit of a lemon. The only big advantage I see with GHL is if you use a lot of dosing heads. I currently use 5 dosing heads which would have been much more expensive and take up more space with the Apex.
I use a whopping 2... thought about using that 3rd chamber in my dosing container for some chaeto grow from brightwell.

That's one thing I do not like about the Apex DOS. It's only 2 heads. That and its orange, the whole Apex that is. Orange is yucky. LOL

be3991e83a7e6837225cdf9952a86dfe.jpg

Matt Carden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a whopping 2... thought about using that 3rd chamber in my dosing container for some chaeto grow from brightwell.

That's one thing I do not like about the Apex DOS. It's only 2 heads. That and its orange, the whole Apex that is. Orange is yucky. LOL

be3991e83a7e6837225cdf9952a86dfe.jpg
Go cocks!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm surprised the filter didn't catch that...

Go Cocks!
I am too. Supporting the Gamecocks is offensive when you could be rooting for Alabama. ;Troll :p

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My response will get caught by the profanity filters... hahaha
For the record, I find Alabama fans to be some of the most obnoxious people on the face of the earth.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohio state fans as well
People from Ohio LOVE South Carolina. They move here all the time(I honestly think they forget which way north is). I mean, that's fine and all, but leave your team behind, you pull for the Gamecocks now. lol

Back