OP
S

Stonefish1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you been doing water changes since you started the tank? Do you want to let your tank fully cycle before you do any water changes and I wouldn’t change the water for about 8 to 12 weeks after starting the tank or until you see a spike in nitrates and or phosphate: you want to let your tank build up bacteria.. if you started doing water changes too early or kept messing with rock in the tank you could keep restarting your cycle over and over again. Let that tank do its thing For 2 months without touching it or adding to it so it fully cycles
I didn't do a water change until after 8 weeks when it completely cycled. I also add a little ONE ON ONE live bacteria after the water changes I have done.

Jordan92595

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't do a water change until after 8 weeks when it completely cycled. I also add a little ONE ON ONE live bacteria after the water changes I have done.
I would try a couple different test kits to see if you get the same readings because it doesn’t make any sense

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back