Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just want to start and poll on what you as a hobbiest are most interested in as far as corals are concerned. I know this is a limited list but out of these few which ones are you excited most about? Or yu can just put other or fish...;)

I know it's hard to pick one, but I want you to narrow it down as best as you can. :hammer:

Last edited:

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ricordea right now....I'm sure with all of this SPS junk being posted about it will be some of that in the future....

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mainly acans and micros right now. I guess LPS in general - There are also a bunch of zoas/palys I enjoy. I just can't give the time needed in maint. and the $$ in equipment for SPS right now.

But I imagine years down the road I will fall victim to the Dark side....

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
acros, acros and more acros. i don't need no stinking monti's

ive tried the acans and micros, but they just dont' grow quick enough and are too difficult to keep ime.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
acros, acros and more acros. i don't need no stinking monti's

ive tried the acans and micros, but they just dont' grow quick enough and are too difficult to keep ime.

yeah, i'm having the same issues with keeping micros and acans....they never seem to be happy and don't grow for me either.

monti's are another thorn in my side....although there are a few i really like (sunset, appleberry, setosa, and undata). i just have trouble keeping them sometimes for reasons i've never been able to figure out.

from here on out, i'm keeping less than 5 zoa morphs of my favorites, about 4 types of chalices, 2 acans, 2 micros, and 1 favia. 1 colony of GSP, 1 ric colony, 1 plate coral, 1 frogspawn, and 1 leather. everything is colored sticks! ;) oh yeah, i have 1 clam

rev, you gota add clams to that list...

Last edited:

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go through a phase like one month i'll be into zoas/palys, next month might be micros, and another month i'm into Acans but those 3 are my top.

J. Montgomery

Mouth Pipetting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like zoas, though my tank is pretty diverse for its size. I've got a fair variety of SPS also, since the Richmond club is pretty into SPS as a whole . . . so frags are always around.

One of the reasons I like zoas are because of the variety of colors, and it's relatively easy to get cool frags from friends, trades, or LFS (b/c they're usually not very expensive)

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i also like stylos', but they are pretty much same care as acros, lots of light, lots of flow, unfortunately they dont' come around very often.

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like zoas, though my tank is pretty diverse for its size. I've got a fair variety of SPS also, since the Richmond club is pretty into SPS as a whole . . . so frags are always around.

One of the reasons I like zoas are because of the variety of colors, and it's relatively easy to get cool frags from friends, trades, or LFS (b/c they're usually not very expensive)

ya know, its interesting to see the most sought after corals in the Richmond area are sps.....given that the zoa/acan/micro crazes as of recent sweeping the rest of the country.

just goes to show you have heavily an influence Marvin at Atlantis has on what people collect in the area, since he only really like sps. I think i've only seen him get in 1 micro EVER, and maybe 1 or 2 acan lords.....and a couple acan echinata's. then just your typical random wild collected zoas which are pretty cool every now and then....but he prices them SO low compared to other places north and out west.

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i also like stylos', but they are pretty much same care as acros, lots of light, lots of flow, unfortunately they dont' come around very often.

yeah, the ones I've gotten came from a colony. very hard to come by a big wild colony or even a small maricultured colony.

Right now im most interested in rics, but i still love zoa's/paly's, monti's. and acro's. :)

another one falls victim to the sps bug.......muahahahaha:hammer:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back