What Do You Need 3d Designed & Printed (YouTube Channel)

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might be able to do this. I've made several locline attachments in the past and the issue is that it has to fit perfectly tight but not too tight. It was always hard to get that fit correct because the tolerances will vary depending on the printer and material.

What size locline does it attach to? 1/2"? I think I have some laying around.

1" (connection, not width of flare). Locline doesn't make 1" stuff, so vividcreativeaquariums.com sells a 1" threaded adapter, modular hose, and wye. They don't make/sell a flare nozzle. Probably because it would compete with the random flow generators they sell. You would probably need a section of the 1" modular hose to make a flare nozzle that would fit it. Just a suggestion. Looked all over for one and came up empty.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 12.03.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 12.03.58 AM.png
    125 KB · Views: 47
OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be possible for you to creat a bracket to hang the noopsyche k7 pro 2 light? The “official” bracket has been sold out for months it seems.
Is this what you are talking about? I need the measurements of the mounting holes (in millimeters). The design would have to be a lot different so that the plastic could support the weight of the light. Last, what is the ideal height off the water and how far do you want it to hang over the tank? It wouldn't be as adjustable as this version.
TB22MnrbsfpK1RjSZFOXXa6nFXa_!!1949372975.jpg

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this what you are talking about? I need the measurements of the mounting holes (in millimeters). The design would have to be a lot different so that the plastic could support the weight of the light. Last, what is the ideal height off the water and how far do you want it to hang over the tank? It wouldn't be as adjustable as this version.
TB22MnrbsfpK1RjSZFOXXa6nFXa_!!1949372975.jpg

Would it be possible to come up with a printed version of the hanging version? I have a eurobraced tank so traditional mounting doesn’t really work

Mike Kearns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be possible to come up with a printed version of the hanging version? I have a eurobraced tank so traditional mounting doesn’t really work
Shoot me the exact measurements of your tank including the eurobrace and glass thickness. I also need your lights mounting holes and your ideal height/position.

Taiyaki.Visuals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question on the nero 3 anemone guard, which way does this thing go on? Does it cap on in the front or the back like the fish guard? I want to print one =O

Thanks for your hard work!

Juniorh2r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shoot me the exact measurements of your tank including the eurobrace and glass thickness. I also need your lights mounting holes and your ideal height/position.
What your doing for everyone is awesome man!!! Thanks!!!

OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question on the nero 3 anemone guard, which way does this thing go on? Does it cap on in the front or the back like the fish guard? I want to print one =O

Thanks for your hard work!
This design replaces the standard Nero front cover. You remove the cover then toss the printed anemone guard on. It is important to be careful and make sure the 4 little tabs on the Nero align.

I am going to be remaking a design that just clips on the back like the fish guard. It will probably be a few weeks till this will be available.

RyanS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

I started a thread about designing some 3d models for R2R members (Christmas Thread Link). I ended up designing 6 projects and really enjoyed them. I decided to convert the Christmas thread into this one and keep the offer open to the Reef2reef community. Here is the Plan...

Once a week I am going to make something suggested by the Reef2Reef members in this thread. I am going to record the drawing, designing, printing, testing, and implementation of the design. After each project is completed (success or failure) I am going to make the designs available on Thingiverse and post a YouTube video. ( ISeaLive channel - Just Started)

My goals... First, I would like to challenge myself to think outside the box, get better at designing and creating awesome things. 2nd, I would like the community to hold me accountable because I am notorious for not finishing projects. I always get bored and move on to something else when the last project is 95% complete. Last, I would like to create a library of informative content and designs that can be used to help inspire other reefers to make awesome things.

If you end up using any of my designs please post pictures and videos in this thread. I will be using the pictures/videos you post in the videos that I make and post on Youtube.

Here are some of the projects that I created in the Christmas Thread.

Nero 3 anemone guard for @Matt Miller
Thingiverse Link https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4695451
Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 4.38.58 PM.png

Camera mount for @TankCandy
Not available on Thingiverse yet because the design needs revision.
Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 3.02.32 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 3.03.40 PM.png

25 Watt Aqua Ultraviolet UV Sterilizer Holder for @dumpysauce
Thingiverse Link https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4700825

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 7.58.22 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 7.57.08 PM.png

Jegar heater holder for @Bepis
Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 11.57.08 PM.png

Tunze nano controller holder & power strip cover for @Bepis

1874552-bf2eb835ab70a89f5b47e0f3d09268db.png

EcoTech Marine MP10 wet side cover mod for myself.
Thingiverse Link https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4709077
Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 12.21.11 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 12.21.37 PM.png

Motorized light cable real for @kenchilada
Thingiverse Link https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4708754
Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 1.25.47 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 1.26.27 PM.png

I will start posting some videos later this month of the things created above.

What should I make next? Please post what you would like to see me make. It will help a ton if you include drawings, dimensions, and pictures. Before starting a design I have to have a full understanding of what I am creating and the objectives that it has to accomplish.

Happy Reefing,

ISeaLive
For your MP10 wet side cover, what was your reasoning for modeling this? What benefits/gains or anything at all were you looking to achieve?

Taiyaki.Visuals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This design replaces the standard Nero front cover. You remove the cover then toss the printed anemone guard on. It is important to be careful and make sure the 4 little tabs on the Nero align.

I am going to be remaking a design that just clips on the back like the fish guard. It will probably be a few weeks till this will be available.
Oh I see, I look forward to the update. Thanks for the hard work!

OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For your MP10 wet side cover, what was your reasoning for modeling this? What benefits/gains or anything at all were you looking to achieve?
Haha, I was bored one night and figured I would give it a try. It probably has no benefit except giving the MP10 a slightly different look. I don't think the wetside of that pump has changed much since I got my first one like 12 years ago.

Maybe I should bang out a quick anemone guard for it. Already did all the work modeling the pump and the connection points so it shouldn't take too long.

OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night, I update the Nero 3 anemone guard with another design that does not require replacing the original front cover. I am going to do some test prints before making this available. It should fit like a glove but I guess I'll find out soon.
Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 9.39.49 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 9.43.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 9.54.10 AM.png

Sea Witch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you please make a cover for the Jebao CP-120 Cross Flow Pump Wave Maker. I've lost at least a dozen fish in these things... I need 3.... And one of those mermaids

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to have 2 of these made. They are spoolers that will go on a tubular motor that will raise and lower my lights. Steel cable will be connected to a 80/20 frame and be spooled on these.

Thanks in advance.

pics and stl file attached in attached zip file.

Attachments

• 63mm+Od+Aluminum+Rod+Real.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 61
OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you please make a cover for the Jebao CP-120 Cross Flow Pump Wave Maker. I've lost at least a dozen fish in these things... I need 3.... And one of those mermaids
I think I am going to start buying all these pumps on Amazon then returning them. Unless anyone in SoCal knows where I can get my hands on one. I'll take a crack at it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back