Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1664.jpeg
IMG_1663.jpeg
IMG_1660.jpeg
IMG_1657.jpeg
IMG_1664.jpeg
Hello. On my engineer goby, I noticed white spots, not tiny like ich, but like big areas of white. I first thought it was Brooklynella, but nothing else in my tank is sick, not even my clown. I’m starting to think maybe it’s a bacterial infection? Please help, I tried to get some pictures but the goby was in the back of the tank.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1664.jpeg
IMG_1663.jpeg
IMG_1660.jpeg
IMG_1657.jpeg
IMG_1664.jpeg
Hello. On my engineer goby, I noticed white spots, not tiny like ich, but like big areas of white. I first thought it was Brooklynella, but nothing else in my tank is sick, not even my clown. I’m starting to think maybe it’s a bacterial infection? Please help, I tried to get some pictures but the goby was in the back of the tank.
I have one and she always has small spots on her. I thought the same but its sand. I started watching closely and the spots moved and disappeared, thats when I figured out its sand. They also have a slime coat in edition to always digging. Might be sand!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
IMG_1664.jpeg
IMG_1663.jpeg
IMG_1660.jpeg
IMG_1657.jpeg
IMG_1664.jpeg
As your engineer blends in the sand, I have a hard time clearly seeing it but do I see a film on its body? If so, you can treat in separate tank with seachem neoplex or in tank with ruby rally pro

OP
OP
H

henryriesett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As your engineer blends in the sand, I have a hard time clearly seeing it but do I see a film on its body? If so, you can treat in separate tank with seachem neoplex or in tank with ruby rally pro
I’m treating with kanaplex and cipro in a separate tank, do you think that will be good?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure that the white patches aren't caused by the Canthigaster puffer? they can be pretty nippy.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Does anyone think cipro would be a good antibiotic would be good?
No cipro please. Kanaplex sufficient and good point made by Jay on possible nipping. Any signs of that on tail?

OP
OP
H

henryriesett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure that the white patches aren't caused by the Canthigaster puffer? they can be pretty nippy.
I don’t believe so. I literally got the puffer yesterday, was watching him and saw the goby swim out from under the rock with whatever sores it looks like he has. I haven’t seen the puffer nip at anything, and I think I would’ve seen it by now. Plus, I doubt the puffer could nip that much in the short time I noticed the goby.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Why no cipro?
Best for humans. See article below:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back