What is your dream captive-bred fish?

BRS

SurgeonFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So here at Biota we've had success in every major family of marine ornamental fishes and I was wondering what species you want to see captive-bred next? Maybe we can make that dream a reality!

For attention, below is a video of our first ever captive-bred red coris wrasse at 49dph which was a really fun one.

Honestly Green chromis. They are cheap and abundant so we don’t talk about their terrible death rates. I have a school of 8 but have lost just as many due to shipping stress.

Budmans

Sharkbait19

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Definitely clownfish....

......what?

__
Edit: In all seriousness, probably royal grammas. They're quite common, but it'd be nice to know they don't have any ocean diseases.
Best Finding Nemo 2003 GIFs | Gfycat

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Definitely clownfish....

......what?

But what kind of clownfish? Is there a species or type of designer clownfish that is your favorite?

Kellan Lutz Fbifam GIF by CBS

Maxout

gaki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I don't see very many captive bred yellow clown gobies. I think they're such an underrated fish, so I would love to see them captive bred, I would definitely buy a couple.

Biglurr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Heniochus Diphreutes. They were bred at one point in Fl but never available to the public. They are peaceful, colorful, school in a large tank, very hardy, adapt well to the aquarium, and they are reef safe. Wild caught are difficult to ID so you are taking a risk when you buy one (doable if you count the dorsal spines or get them from Hawaii). But a captive bred Heni would be a guaranteed Diphreutes. Most heni's in the trade are Acuminatus which are not reef safe which give them a bad name.

Joe Rice

View Badges
Reaction score
You've got a long way to go in getting the price of your fish down to what someone will want to pay for them. $100 for a $30 fish is more than what most are willing to pay.
They seem to be building a pretty good business, so there must be some folks out there (including me) willing to pay their prices.

Fritz
BRS

Are you LAB TESTING your water parameters?

• YES I do or have

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • NO

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No, But want to in the future.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors