What would make controllers better?

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what do controllers need in your opinion to be better? I think more failsafes/ease of progamming.

chrome

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what do controllers need in your opinion to be better? I think more failsafes/ease of progamming.

I have a Reef Angel and since it's open source you can pretty much do whatever you want. If you're into coding, its the best there is IMO. It also has fail safes built into the code (watchdog) w/ the new Bootloader and lots of failsafes for temp/ph. The only thing I wish it had right now was a module to control/program vortech pumps.

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say that they should be wi-find enabled. Hooking up wireless game adapters for WiFi just steals more outlets and it's a pain. I would also like to see better support for cameras to monitor your tank while out of town. While you can hook up a camera and host the feed on a website, it would be nice to have a plug & play option available for your controller. The last thing I would like is probes that last a bit longer. Even with meticulous cleaning, the probes seem lucky to be accurate more than a year or so.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%

Back