OP
OP
Treenk

Treenk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that was kind of the plan I was going to put something on the sides but read plexi doesn’t glue well to glass anyhow got started today
IMG_5232.jpg
the one time I forget to use tape to make a straight line and it’s the line you see straight on from the front of the tank sigh

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that was kind of the plan I was going to put something on the sides but read plexi doesn’t glue well to glass anyhow got started today
IMG_5232.jpg
the one time I forget to use tape to make a straight line and it’s the line you see straight on from the front of the tank sigh
It happens... The plexi will stick to the glass just fine with silicone. Would I build a hybrid glass/plexi tank with silicone... NO. For the intended purpose, it will be perfectly acceptable.

OP
OP
Treenk

Treenk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol fail. I should have taken your advice on baffle space. I didn’t seal the baffles bonding all the way through to the other side, and my hand didn’t fit in. I hired my eight year old to stick his hand in there and caulk it. He got it bonded through all the way but god it’s a mess.
IMG_5241.jpg
IMG_5242.jpg
It’s a beautifully chocolate mess. I’m still glad I used back with clear I would have been able to see if the caulk made it through to the middle of the glass. Out of caulk to continue I ordered some more.

OP
OP
Treenk

Treenk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m struggling to find an answer for this when putting bulk heads on the back of the tank do you want all to be the same size or do you want the return to be small. Example 2 over flows 1” and a return 3/4” I’m not sure what sizes would be best for my setup.

OP
OP
Treenk

Treenk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5262.jpg

Well it looks an absolute mess those chambers that were too small to reach in I had my 8 year old do, after that I stopped caring what it looked like and just made sure it wouldn’t leak
IMG_5263.jpg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back