Wrangling Flat Worms with a Flashlight

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stray32
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Stray32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2009
Messages
1,081
Reaction score
5
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard from a fellow reefer that flat worms are attracted to light, and that they will gravitate toward an area of the tank with bright light and then can easily be siphoned out.

Have any of guys ever tried this? And if so, did it work? How long did you shine the light in the tank?
 
My experience is exactly the opposite. Shine a flashlight on them and they run and hide.
 
The best way I got rid of my flatworms was a Psychodelic Dragonette. Little bugger went to town and I rarely see them anymore.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new