Wrangy's Reef Dungeon (Waterbox 170)

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
America has dangerous sneks as well...

This is a Cotton Mouth or a Water Moccasin.
They are pit vipers and are very aggressive.
Pretty sure Australia kicked them out for being too mean, even by Aus standards.
This particular one was about 3.5 feet which more than a meter.

Snek 4.jpg

Trey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
America has dangerous sneks as well...

This is a Cotton Mouth or a Water Moccasin.
They are pit vipers and are very aggressive.
Pretty sure Australia kicked them out for being too mean, even by Aus standards.
This particular one was about 3.5 feet which more than a meter.

Snek 4.jpg

Going to have to disagree with you here. Snake nerd alert! A. piscivorus is not aggressive at all! Defensive when cornered maybe, but will run at the every opportunity. They ( along with snakes in general) get a pretty undeserving bad rap.

Don’t take my word for it, watch this funny video

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to have to disagree with you here. Snake nerd alert! A. piscivorus is not aggressive at all! Defensive when cornered maybe, but will run at the every opportunity. They ( along with snakes in general) get a pretty undeserving bad rap.

Don’t take my word for it, watch this funny video

Interesting.

I'm a bit of a snake nerd myself, but not as deep a nerd as I am with reefs/fish.

Having said that, I'm absolutely not taking chances with a venomous snake.
I'm leaving it alone and dang sure not playing Steve Irwin with it.

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Totally agree, respect an animal's personal space and it will leave you alone. Don't respect it's personal space and you pay the price!

Trey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting.

I'm a bit of a snake nerd myself, but not as deep a nerd as I am with reefs/fish.

I’ve been handling venomous and non venomous snakes since I was young. Definitely not something I would recommend to anyone else.

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been handling venomous and non venomous snakes since I was young. Definitely not something I would recommend to anyone else.
Big fan of venomous but I have enough hobbies to kept me poor till I die haha vipers are easily my absolute favs though!! Eyelashes or gaboons taking the crown for me!!

Some of the yt channels I enjoy the most are venomous guys!

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big fan of venomous but I have enough hobbies to kept me poor till I die haha vipers are easily my absolute favs though!! Eyelashes or gaboons taking the crown for me!!

Some of the yt channels I enjoy the most are venomous guys!

When you want some venomous snakes, come and see me. We can spare plenty around here!:oops:

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shouldn't we see new fishes or coral by now, instead of snake talk?
... OK OK, might be a pepper(mint angel) as well.
If I had the cash to spare for a peppermint there's a dozen fish I'd get first haha peppermints are gorgeous though!!

Are you using NSW or synthetic salt now? If you have access to NSW, why use synthetic?
I'm using Red Sea blue bucket at them moment and have been for a few years now. Whilst I do have access to NSW and could quite easily/happily use it I do like the extra level of control synthetic offers as the water in Victoria can be a little hit or miss at times. If I were in Queensland that would be a different story though, much nicer waters there haha. The other major factor is storage capacity, I have space for a couple hundred litres of water and that's only a couple of water changes and so I'd be paying through the nose to get regular deliveries. If we had a larger house and I could set up a 1000L storage tank then I would probably swap to NSW without a doubt!

It's more an unfortunate situation of circumstances more than anything else. NSW would make my life a lot easier haha

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is stunning! Can’t wait to see this tank get to that level
You and I both! Hopefully it's not too far off either! haha

Do you have any of the firetruck acro left or access to a frag? Just wondering.
Personally I don't have any but I have some friends that still have plenty so it's safe at least :D

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I had the cash to spare for a peppermint there's a dozen fish I'd get first haha peppermints are gorgeous though!!

I'm using Red Sea blue bucket at them moment and have been for a few years now. Whilst I do have access to NSW and could quite easily/happily use it I do like the extra level of control synthetic offers as the water in Victoria can be a little hit or miss at times. If I were in Queensland that would be a different story though, much nicer waters there haha. The other major factor is storage capacity, I have space for a couple hundred litres of water and that's only a couple of water changes and so I'd be paying through the nose to get regular deliveries. If we had a larger house and I could set up a 1000L storage tank then I would probably swap to NSW without a doubt!

It's more an unfortunate situation of circumstances more than anything else. NSW would make my life a lot easier haha

I see. Sorry, I misunderstood your previous post. Thought you live by the ocean and can feasibly get it yourself.

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see. Sorry, I misunderstood your previous post. Thought you live by the ocean and can feasibly get it yourself.
All good mate :) If I lived by the ocean I would definitely be collecting my own! I have a few mates that do that themselves.

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember your Zeo Cube and you did really well with it.
Biggles was always trying to get a piece of the Firetruck acro as well....IIRC.
Good on you for not giving in.

This is Me...

Australia is really just a small island in the middle of the Pacific. They adopted the metric system in order to make it seem larger than it really is.
Wrangy has access to NSW all he has to do is walk out of his grass hut and carry a bucket down to the beach and fill it up.
They will deny this of course. They will also tell you the Lizard Illuminati people dont exist either.
It's part of a larger conspiracy.
;Pompus

Back to your reef, Wrangy....
Do you think there was a reason you had so much success with your Zeo Cube?
Were there things you liked about Zeo?
Where there things you did not like about Zeo?
Is there a reason you have not gone back to using the Zeo method?

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So small update :) I downloaded Mobius yesterday and got everything updated and added to Mobius and I have to say it was super simple and definitely a nice change of pace from Ecotech Live haha just need to get the upload template for the radion working so I can add in a schedule!

The tank is starting to grow coralline real nicely too! I'm pleased we're starting to hit stage one of the stride for the tank :)
20200917_134157.jpg

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember your Zeo Cube and you did really well with it.
Biggles was always trying to get a piece of the Firetruck acro as well....IIRC.
Good on you for not giving in.

This is Me...

Australia is really just a small island in the middle of the Pacific. They adopted the metric system in order to make it seem larger than it really is.
Wrangy has access to NSW all he has to do is walk out of his grass hut and carry a bucket down to the beach and fill it up.
They will deny this of course. They will also tell you the Lizard Illuminati people dont exist either.
It's part of a larger conspiracy.
;Pompus

Back to your reef, Wrangy....
Do you think there was a reason you had so much success with your Zeo Cube?
Were there things you liked about Zeo?
Where there things you did not like about Zeo?
Is there a reason you have not gone back to using the Zeo method?
Australia isn't even real and I'm a paid actor ;) hahaha

I'm not sure what it was with the zeo cube, I think it was mainly a few years of stability that got it to that stage, I didn't really have a chance to get to that stage with the last tank as there was aefw and bubble algae that caused a couple of restarts through it's life. This tank is shaping up to be my nicest to date and I'm going to make sure that that is 100% the case!! :D

Back