Wrasses For My Tank

Doc1122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I've got a 65 gallon tank that is 36"x24"x18" (LxWxH) and I'm looking to add a couple wrasses. I'd like to get an African exquisite fairy wrasse, but on liveaquaria they say you need a 90 gallon. In contrast to this, I've seen a minimum of 50 gallons being recommended. Can anyone let me know what would be best for the fish, I don't want to squish it into a small tank. Also any other recommendations for wrasses in a 65 would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Current stock in tank:
- 2 Clowns
- Bicolour blenny
- Possibly McCosker's wrasse soon

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I've got a 65 gallon tank that is 36"x24"x18" (LxWxH) and I'm looking to add a couple wrasses. I'd like to get an African exquisite fairy wrasse, but on liveaquaria they say you need a 90 gallon. In contrast to this, I've seen a minimum of 50 gallons being recommended. Can anyone let me know what would be best for the fish, I don't want to squish it into a small tank. Also any other recommendations for wrasses in a 65 would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Current stock in tank:
- 2 Clowns
- Bicolour blenny
- Possibly McCosker's wrasse soon
I think the exquisite will be alright in that size tank (It most likely has a 4’ diagonal footprint), other recommendations are:

- Black leopard wrasse (Wait for a stable and big pod population though, and a black leopard that’s eating)
- pintail (This is more of a rare wrasse taken from the list that SaltyT gave me to pick from if I were to set up a RedSea 250)
- lunate (This is also a more
- adorned (Halichoeres cosmetus)
- redlined (Halichoeres biocellatus)
- pink streaked (These are a more ‘dwarf’ wrasse)

Flashers arent recommended in 36” tanks since they tend to ‘fly’ into things in the smaller tanks

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

Doc1122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the exquisite will be alright in that size tank (It most likely has a 4’ diagonal footprint), other recommendations are:

- Black leopard wrasse (Wait for a stable and big pod population though, and a black leopard that’s eating)
- pintail (This is more of a rare wrasse taken from the list that SaltyT gave me to pick from if I were to set up a RedSea 250)
- lunate (This is also a more
- adorned (Halichoeres cosmetus)
- redlined (Halichoeres biocellatus)
- pink streaked (These are a more ‘dwarf’ wrasse)

Flashers arent recommended in 36” tanks since they tend to ‘fly’ into things in the smaller tanks
Awesome. Thanks for the information

Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back