Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m in wheeling, check out my new high end sps grow out build

scsmith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering who all is from wv on here. I know of myself and ascarbro14 here in Beckley, and I have a friend in Williamstown not on here. Anyone else?

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
[/
Just wondering who all is from wv on here. I know of myself and ascarbro14 here in Beckley, and I have a friend in Williamstown not on here. Anyone else?

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

42038DC9-B6C6-4376-92D1-7EE6870940A3.png 25C549FA-41C5-4D2F-92C3-E510706F7E2A.png

Jeff Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to get into the hobby. I live in Morgantown currently but but I plan to buy a home in Fairmont in a month or so. Once I make the move I am going to get started. I have been looking at reef tanks going on 6 months now, I just wanted to reach out to some locals for advice. I am all ears. Where should I be shopping up here? What are some mistakes to avoid? I was thinking about getting 100g tank to start off... with no reef experience. Is that crazy? Anyway I am really excited about this but I do wonder if I am getting in over my head. I have looked at the costs. Every thing basically says you're looking at least $15k before it's all said and done. I am fine with that as long as it is over the course of a year or two. Anyway, looking to make friends in the hobby. Interested in people that can guide me a little. I have spent months researching, and hoping to find something would be bad enough to make me not want to start dumping money down this pit but no luck so far.

Any input is apricated. Thanks.

Revnobody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to get into the hobby. I live in Morgantown currently but but I plan to buy a home in Fairmont in a month or so. Once I make the move I am going to get started. I have been looking at reef tanks going on 6 months now, I just wanted to reach out to some locals for advice. I am all ears. Where should I be shopping up here? What are some mistakes to avoid? I was thinking about getting 100g tank to start off... with no reef experience. Is that crazy? Anyway I am really excited about this but I do wonder if I am getting in over my head. I have looked at the costs. Every thing basically says you're looking at least $15k before it's all said and done. I am fine with that as long as it is over the course of a year or two. Anyway, looking to make friends in the hobby. Interested in people that can guide me a little. I have spent months researching, and hoping to find something would be bad enough to make me not want to start dumping money down this pit but no luck so far.

Any input is apricated. Thanks.

I would suggest making the drive to Wet Pets in PA. They have the best livestock and live rock north of Fairmont.

plasma327

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved here from AZ. I'm used to having a large reefer community, hence my lack of posts on this forum. Seems WV is pretty scarce. Been in the hobby for 15+years and always looking for fellow reefers nearby. I'm in the Grafton area.
Hello. Welcome! I am in Morgantown. We have a few reefers scattered about but the main crew is south. Charleston Beckley. Good numbers down that way. I have been reefing since 95

Revnobody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. Welcome! I am in Morgantown. We have a few reefers scattered about but the main crew is south. Charleston Beckley. Good numbers down that way. I have been reefing since 95
Awesome! Nice to know I'm not the only reefer around. haha Nice to meet you. I didn't bring anything with me on the move so I'm starting fresh. The tank and rocks arrived today! Let the cycling begin. :)

plasma327

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Nice to know I'm not the only reefer around. haha Nice to meet you. I didn't bring anything with me on the move so I'm starting fresh. The tank and rocks arrived today! Let the cycling begin. :)
Nice to meet you as well. My wife and i started a new tank 4 weeks ago. Ready for coral.. We mostly go Pittsburgh way for live stock. Just FYI. Only solution we have. Wet Pets and Reef Sanctuary. Nice you are getting started. Let the build begin!

Revnobody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to meet you as well. My wife and i started a new tank 4 weeks ago. Ready for coral.. We mostly go Pittsburgh way for live stock. Just FYI. Only solution we have. Wet Pets and Reef Sanctuary. Nice you are getting started. Let the build begin!

I'll have to check out Reef Sanctuary. I just made a trip to Wet Pets this past weekend. They had a nice selection of healthy livestock.

I remember visiting Exotic Jungle 10+ years ago and it being nice. But, we stopped in last week and looks like they've let it go. All the livestock looked sickly.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back