Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks good! Check out our articles on aquascaping for some help in that area if you're still looking for ideas.

Hans Solo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20170730_102545.jpg

Again, pardon my messy room, but here is a picture of everything setup together! I'm using the CFL to get good pictures while I wait for my lights to be shipped :)

I'll be cleaning up the clutter, and tidying everything up soon. For right now, I'm just glad everything works! I also have a check valve on the return pipe to keep it from overflowing my sump in the event of a power outage.

I'm maybe late in your decision here but I think this aquascape looks great. I like the single island surrounded by sand. Make the island have somewhat like peaks with the rocks.

OP
OP
S

Shockfiend

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm maybe late in your decision here but I think this aquascape looks great. I like the single island surrounded by sand. Make the island have somewhat like peaks with the rocks.

I actually decided to go with something different. You can see it in my latest upload of the tank! I hope it still looks okay though.

Hans Solo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same protein skimmer for my 40B with 20L sump. It's the first in tank skimmer I've had (all others were HOB or side) and it's definitely the best. I can the water pretty high up, where it needs to be on "max" most of the time. I also run the air intake line out a window for fresh air. Everyone should do that with their skimmers I think if they are practically close to a window.

OP
OP
S

Shockfiend

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20170815_183505.jpg

String is temporary. I'll be switching to wire later. The light hanging fixture was diy. Thanks hope Depot haha. I will also be running two of these to even out the shadows, and I'm still fiddling with the settings!

LJC6780

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same protein skimmer for my 40B with 20L sump. It's the first in tank skimmer I've had (all others were HOB or side) and it's definitely the best. I can the water pretty high up, where it needs to be on "max" most of the time. I also run the air intake line out a window for fresh air. Everyone should do that with their skimmers I think if they are practically close to a window.

How do you do that?! When you shut the window doesn't it clamp the line off or not allow the window to shut? Or do you just leave your window open?

OP
OP
S

Shockfiend

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been awhile since I updated! But so far tank is completely cycled and in the process of adding some coral frags I've bought! Pics to come.

OP
OP
S

Shockfiend

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone thanks for sticking with this thread even with the lack of updates. Alot of things have changed with the tank, and I will be making a big update sometime this week. The hurricane has thrown my schedule completely off and I had alot of other things to take care of first. Be safe to everyone in Florida!

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone thanks for sticking with this thread even with the lack of updates. Alot of things have changed with the tank, and I will be making a big update sometime this week. The hurricane has thrown my schedule completely off and I had alot of other things to take care of first. Be safe to everyone in Florida!
Oh shoot ur in Texas. Hopefully u are ok. I’m getting hit by Irma now In Fort Lauderdale

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back