OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What ?? U don't see the tank ? I must have used invisible paint . It should look cool when I put the corals and rock in there .

Still trying to make myself drive an hour to look at a deep blue 57 . One distributor (Royal ) has jacked the illuminata's price up to 400 + . Gotta love forced marketing . ... ( i actually hate it ) .

Checked the phos this morning .

0.43 not too bad for live/ halfway dead rock .....

A friend has been cooking dead BRS Pukani for 4 weeks and got a reading of 1.15 ..ouch ...

2011-12-29_21-54-09_408.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We'll I guess I need to change the thread title . I got off my lazy okole and drove to Conn . Went to the Puppy Center . Talked to Joe the guy "joe the Coral " is named after . They are revamping the store after a loss of power from the storm . I shared the same story . He stated ORA got bought out and geting ORA stuff may be hard now .
Anywho I picked up the rest of my t5 bulbs , bulkheads , ammonia test kit . Rock tested @ 0 ...

And a

DEEP BLUE 57 RIMLESS - black silicone .

2011-12-31_15-33-47_326.jpg

Last edited:

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We'll I guess I need to change the thread title . I got off my lazy okole and drove to Conn . Went to the Puppy Center . Talked to Joe the guy "joe the Coral " is named after . They are revamping the store after a loss of power from the storm . I shared the same story . He stated ORA got bought out and geting ORA stuff may be hard now .
Anywho I picked up the rest of my t5 bulbs , bulkheads , ammonia test kit . Rock tested @ 0 ...

And a

DEEP BLUE 57 RIMLESS - black silicone .

2011-12-31_15-33-47_326.jpg

Who baught ORA?

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He didn't say but sorta scoffed at the release of that gorgonian. That kinda gives u an idea what is to come of them ..

Got it upstairs and on the stand . Glad it has black silicone .

2012-01-01_00-42-14_519.jpg

Last edited:

WhoDey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have looked at several deep blue tanks and the quality is right up there, If I recall they are a split off of some guys let go by oceanic so naturally the tanks are comparable.

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have looked at several deep blue tanks and the quality is right up there, If I recall they are a split off of some guys let go by oceanic so naturally the tanks are comparable.

Good to know . For some reason one person in CTARS really does not like these tanks . I say you have to pick and choose your battles . Since I did not want to wait on a Illuminata I went this route . All three sides are low iron glass with beveled edges with black silicone . When he gave me the price it became a simple choice . BTW any relation to WhoDat ??? :)
Trying to get up with a local electrician to bend some 3/4 electrical conduit for my light pole . I ran a wet test last night after painting with flat black on the rear glass pane .
Rock had a small amount of ammonia 0.50 but went back to zero .. WEIRD ..
Anywho I like it but really HATE the huge overflow box !!!!

Last edited:

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the DB 75g rimless. I really like the tank. Black silicone. I wish the over flow was smaller as well. But the tank has been really nice. Heavy little sucker and for the price... it is hard to beat. I paid right around $1000 for my Miracles 90g 48x24x18 tall with plumbing shipped to my door. I paid $379 for my 75g rimless. picked up right here in town. Keep us updated. I like what you have thus far.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ora changed ownership a while ago and is still under the same management. The gorgonian was a awsum release.

ORA changes ownership, all else remains the same

" The gorgonian was a awsum release."

4 Realz ????

I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder . Maybe it looks better in person .

ATM I'll have to side with Joe on that one ... whether it came from Sprung or not .

Now if they got a hold of a thin branched Rasta leather like in Sprungs vol 1 ?? ..I'd want one .

Last edited:
OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the DB 75g rimless. I really like the tank. Black silicone. I wish the over flow was smaller as well. But the tank has been really nice. Heavy little sucker and for the price... it is hard to beat. I paid right around $1000 for my Miracles 90g 48x24x18 tall with plumbing shipped to my door. I paid $379 for my 75g rimless. picked up right here in town. Keep us updated. I like what you have thus far.

Thanks Mojo
Yes this lil 57 is heavy too . I could carry my 70 cube by myself with ease . This tank took a lil wind out of me . I could not get it upstairs by myself .

WesF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey ladybug ,

U decided to choose right the rabbit hole yet ? Full reef or Fowlr .... Don't tease yourself .

U know where ur heart is .... snicker snicker .

Just got back from buying a steel welded stand . Going to try to skin it ... ( will proly screw it up )

Just water testing and cleaning out the custom slim acrylic top off container .. Holds a lil more than 5 gallons and again Ty Wes .

photobucket-11602-1324173887009.jpg

Hey P,

I didn't know you had a build thread going. Sorry it wasn't cleaner. Everything looks great!

Wes

Last edited:
OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey P,

I didn't know you had a build thread going. Sorry it wasn't cleaner. Everything looks great!

Wes

Hey Wes

Thanks ...
Cleaner u gotta be kidding.....right? It was just a few rust spots and some kalk residue. U should see somethings for sale here and there ....
Yeah ... I have been hoarding equipment for a new build just sad that I have to start on it sooner with no acro's to transfer over.
The storm we had up here wiped me out ...
Gotta start from scratch .....
But I got my slush fund building up to stock it when I think it's ready ...
Going back to old school rules ...and want the rock all colored up ...
Etc ...

Sent from my Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the light up and bulbs in . Thanks B for walking me over the phone with hanging the light . I rinsed the sand put it in the tank with the rock . All the glass are clear of rock . I was happy working my way from right to left and then got to the the overflow >>>>>>UGHHH

It will have to do . Quick pic with 2 bulbs on .

2012-01-03_14-09-04_603.jpg

Attachments

• 2012-01-03_14-09-04_603.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 511
Last edited:

tbdh20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice P, great job on the scape, looking forward to the updates!

Zoacoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have to say, i really like tanks with the ATI hanging above for some reason. Yours is going to be awesome.. Cant wait till your all done iwht it!

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the light up and bulbs in . Thanks B for walking me over the phone with hanging the light . I rinsed the sand put it in the tank with the rock . All the glass are clear of rock . I was happy working my way from right to left and then got to the the overflow >>>>>>UGHHH

It will have to do . Quick pic with 2 bulbs on .

Very nice P, great job on the scape, looking forward to the updates!

Thanks B ...

Yea, that looks good. :)

TY Pistol .. I didn't try long after the overflow started getting on my nerves .

i have to say, i really like tanks with the ATI hanging above for some reason. Yours is going to be awesome.. Cant wait till your all done iwht it!

I was determined to use a light pole but could not get up with an electrician I met to do it . The AM at Lowes tried to help me but I declined . I followed tbdh20's advice of hanging it from the ceiling . I am so happy I did that and I removed the picture off the wall .

Went and picked up a favorite tool of mine . Silicone pot holders will kill any pump hum . These are pretty soft and thick .

2012-01-06_21-14-15_930.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made a lil progress .
Still have to get that Dj power strip in to get rid of the power strips on the floor . 3 dosing pumps online . Still wondering what to do with the other unit .
Bad pic .

2012-01-07_18-41-28_635.jpg

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really need to clean up my wiring and I was bored .
It was just a thought about adding shimmer . The overflow box is huge . I still have this Slim Line S uniit w 60 degree upgrade optics , so why not ? The mount does not get wet since it's on the back of the glass and the water level in the box is low . I lose about 3 to 5 of the leds due to the O F box . I could get more spread by putting the 80 degree optics back in . Proly looks tacky as get out sitting under the PM but no harm done . I am not planning on putting any SPS in the middle just LPS atm . I can easily remove them .
Any thoughts on this ??

2012-01-15_01-03-58_637.jpg

Last edited:

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 168 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back