!!!7000+ POUNDS OF GLASS!! YOU GUYS UP FOR A BUILD OR WHAT??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was the first thing I asked,

They said I cant do it! :( Not allowed in the municipality so the really got me don't they. . Trust me I'd have done it years ago. I have already paid for about 5-6 wells now in 10 years here.

You guys really need to stop electing the brother of the water board president as mayor!

jason_mazzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was the first thing I asked,

They said I cant do it! :( Not allowed in the municipality so the really got me don't they. . Trust me I'd have done it years ago. I have already paid for about 5-6 wells now in 10 years here.

I would check the regulations again. Most have a potable water clause, which means if it is for agriculture use only and non-potable (Labeled and never used for drinking)- it may be allowed as long as it is not hooked into any potable water lines (Eg you bring in a dedicated line to your fish room).

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would check the regulations again. Most have a potable water clause, which means if it is for agriculture use only and non-potable (Labeled and never used for drinking)- it may be allowed as long as it is not hooked into any potable water lines (Eg you bring in a dedicated line to your fish room).

Well yes actually you are correct about that. I could put in a point well for say a garden that does not use the sewer at all, but they have an additional monthly fee for that as well and it was almost a wash. Telling you they have it rigged here lol I don't know how they get away with it

jason_mazzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever contact an attorney? A $200 letter challenging said ordinance may quite well save you 10's of thousands in the future.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ever contact an attorney? A $200 letter challenging said ordinance may quite well save you 10's of thousands in the future.

I have seriously considered it and I may explore it further now that you've got me thinking about it again. They actually charge more for sewer so the savings wouldn't be as great unfortunately. Im sure they wont let me put in a septic system I really appreciate the posts!

jason_mazzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well anything that makes your life easier and cheaper is good for all of us. Don't get crapped on by those guys, you don't deserve it.

bobbravo2

Bob from Boston
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seriously considered it and I may explore it further now that you've got me thinking about it again. They actually charge more for sewer so the savings wouldn't be as great unfortunately. Im sure they wont let me put in a septic system I really appreciate the posts!

Worth an attorney IMHO. You're the owner of your land, the fact that they say you can't put in a well is BS.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Worth an attorney IMHO. You're the owner of your land, the fact that they say you can't put in a well is BS.

Couldn't agree more. I never understood it. You guys have lit a new fire under me to seek out some options for sure. I literally cringe every time i write the check. It's the only bill that does this to me,.

azbigjohn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't agree more. I never understood it. You guys have lit a new fire under me to seek out some options for sure. I literally cringe every time i write the check. It's the only bill that does this to me,.
I can send you some of my bills if you want to solve that problem! (it won't be the only bill you cringe at then!)

It's March in Phoenix, and 92 degrees outside... About ready to turn the AC on!

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam, that actually makes it worse. They usually calculate your sewer as a function of your water usage, generally 2-3x your water bill is your sewer as they have no way to check your flow into the sewer system. Then there is the grey area of finding a well digger with an addiction to sticks willing to work Sunday ;)

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... Telling you they have it rigged here lol I don't know how they get away with it

It's easy to get away with stuff like this, if you're the one who wrote the laws into existence . . .

(Does this opinion make me look cynical?)

~Bruce

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's easy to get away with stuff like this, if you're the one who wrote the laws into existence . . .

(Does this opinion make me look cynical?)

~Bruce

This has to be whats going on here lol Id be more acceptant of the high rates if i had the option to freely put in my one well, but they honestly look at you with a "ha! you're screwed" look when you try to seek answers

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta love the technique of distracting us with all this talk about suing and well water, etc...

Anyone notice he STILL hasn't provided any pics??? o_O:rolleyes:
It's ok he's busy getting my battle box ready to deliver on the sixth.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back