Most recent FTS: Tank: 48x18x24 90g reef ready with plumbing modded into a herbie overflow Lighting: Kessil ap700 on mounting arms at max height, 40% intensity peak Sump: Eshopps r-200 Return pump: mag drive 7 Powerheads: 2 koralia 3rd gen 2400 on all the time Skimmer: reef octopus 152-s Chemical filtration: phosguard, carbon, and Purigen in the sump Dosing: ~15ml 2 part (reef fusion) per day, 2ml Vodka+vinegar mix per day , fuel 1-2x/week Live rock: caribsea life rock, mix of branch and regular, also have a lot of Matrix in the refugium section of my sump Sand: caribsea special grade reef sand, about 60lbs plus some crushed coral and Matrix for jawfish ------------ Hello everyone, I finally decided to make a thread for my tank to track progress. This is not my first saltwater tank, but it is my largest home aquarium that I've ever had, so I'm really excited. I've been researching/saving up for this tank for a while and I'm glad to finally get everything started. I have a (used) 90g (48x18x24") reef ready tank that I acquired along with a stand. I painted the trim and stand black, and redid the plumbing to create a Herbie style overflow. My sump is an Eshopps R-200. Right now all that's in there is some Matrix in the refugium section for some biofiltration. I'm using a Mag Drive 7 for the return pump. I still need a skimmer. In the display I have about 75 pounds of CaribSea LifeRock. It's a mix of shelf, branch, and regular liferock. I spent a pretty good amount of time aquascaping... it is difficult to work with the branch rock to make it look natural. I started with a 40lb box of regular liferock, and arranged an arch that I really liked. Then I got a 35lb box of mixed rock, with the goal of creating a similar structure on the left. I didn't want to mess up the arch that I already had on the right since I was completely satisfied with it. It probably took 20 hours to come up with something that I liked, that was stable without any glue or rods, and had enough room for coral and hiding spots for fish... And looking at it again now, I still want to change it... it's too close to the wall on the left side. Ugh. I still don't have lighting, saving up and still deciding on what to go with, currently leaning towards LEDs. I put it some bottled bacteria and a few cubes of brine shrimp a few weeks ago. I had a small ammonia and nitrite spike which quickly leveled out. Should be ready for fish soon, but I plan to do TTM for all fish so it'll still be a bit before they're on display. To do: finish eggcrate/mesh top silence the plumbing fix the cord mess acquire lighting acquire skimmer acquire CUC acquire fish Here are some progression pics: What I started with (40lbs): Made this awesome arch: Couldn't decide on what to do after that with the new rock... Ended up with this... it doesn't look that great in the photos but I think in person it is really nice.