Acro all the sudden tissue loss !

Bonsai€

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a strawberry lemonade acro frag i had gotten fairly fresh cut and small i have had it maybe a month or so.. At first it didn't look so hot barely any color polyps not really comin out ! It was starting to come along nice though as time went on about a week ago it was at it's best just kinda starting to encrust and then my pacific blue tang decided to take it off the plug ! :( i glued it back on and it appeared to be alright yesterday it didn't look so hot today all tissue gone no polyps ! I have been examining all acros all day and none seem affected nor do i see any bugs ! The tissue just kinda flaked off from no certain direction !! Was it just not strong enough to take the tangs punishment or should i be alarmed... Whatya guys think ?? Levels I'n tank seem normal ! And i have been testing daily for maybe 2 months plotting tanks usage ! But i guess that's more calcium alk mag testing ! All i have for phosphates nitrates is API which read zero but ya never know w/ API ! I need to through down on some Hanna checkers! Oh and temp is always stable right around 78 +/- .5 degrees It's been awhile since i have lost anything so it kinda freaked me out !

dmorazan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some times there are some corals that will do that I have some 30,000 and 30,000 league lokini and when i frag it some will not make it, but the colony still fine . do not know myself.​

el richie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's sps one day it will be fine and then boom wake up to a skeleton of an Aussie echinata

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back