Ai prime light settings

Austin456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been wanting to change my settings on my ai prime because I don’t feel my zoas are getting the right combination of lighting to give off good growth and color. I downloaded the settings from the aqua illumination website under signature series where they show off peoples tanks that use their lights and give the setting to the public to give a start on where to set there lights at the person I downloaded the settings from had an ai prime 16hd so I immediately used those settings. My question is if a person uses a different ai light product than I have could I still use there settings for my prime 16hd and get the same results or would it be best to use the settings that I downloaded from somebody who is already using the same product (ai prime 16hd ) that I have.

sorry if this doesn’t make sense Iol

RobertTheNurse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I use. Everything is popping. I had stretched Zoas...and they flattened in about a month and started growing new stems.
Screenshot_20210221-113916_myAI.jpg

RobertTheNurse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many lens have you melted?
Why, you no likey? Lol too much? Perhaps I can cool it with the blues and violets a little. I've seen a BIG change in growth.

I started this tank with a fluval marine 3.0.
No growth and stretching corals.

Since started with these settings (I acclimated first) everything is popping.

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I use BRS AB+ on mine so my UV at 119%, violet at 116%---blues around 80%. Anyway I melted my UV and violet lens at about a year of use( easy enough to replace). Just wanted to know how long your getting out of yours.

RobertTheNurse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. At 12 noon you have 100 percent whites ?
Hahahah bro the vertical line you see there is the TIME. LOL. Here, I just took a screen shot now, compare the two pics and look at my time. ;) that would be WILD tho lol
Screenshot_20210221-224439_myAI.jpg

RobertTheNurse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I use BRS AB+ on mine so my UV at 119%, violet at 116%---blues around 80%. Anyway I melted my UV and violet lens at about a year of use( easy enough to replace). Just wanted to know how long your getting out of yours.
Oh yeah? How do you replace? Warranty wouldnt cover that? I don't even know how long the warranty is on these. Honestly, I follow a dudes schedule. He has SPS tho, which I DO NOT. So I could prolly chill out a bit on it. Makes sense.

RobertTheNurse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 24 inch deep. How deep is yours?

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New lens only $3.00. But I called AI and they sent me new lens for all my 16HDs even though only melted one so far. AI did this for free. Great customer service.

RobertTheNurse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New lens only $3.00. But I called AI and they sent me new lens for all my 16HDs even though only melted one so far. AI did this for free. Great customer service.
Ah. I'll keep an eye. MAN. Everyday it's something new lol

Hasted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20210221-161923_myAI.jpg

Turned my UV down a bit recently to avoid melting if possible. Still looks good at these levels. My friend is running same at 130 with no issues either.

DucatiGtr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to man up! My ai are 12 inches above the water lighting up 30 inches below.. some zoas n sps up top and chalice and other below.
my ai are in the front and back of a center over flow. Rest of the tank has ai sols for about 10 years now, just had to replace a power cord and I did replace
My ai nano as one was done.
97A259FD-BDCE-41E1-B79C-86F941BEECA9.png

Colbynugent77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huge favor to ask, my father in law is severely technically challenged and has a touch of memory loss. He loves his tanks and they are one of the only things that bring him joy. My wife and I recently bought him a reefer 250 with two AI hydra 32s. He lives out of state so on our last visit we set everything up for him and all was good. However somehow he messed up the settings. Could someone either tell me how to make a preset light schedule I can send him without having Bluetooth access to the lights or ideally create one as I don’t have any AI lights myself. His preferred schedule is a 1:30 pm sunrise and 10pm sunset/moonrise with mostly bright white lights and a touch of blue throughout the day. Would also be willing to pay someone to create this.

OP
OP
Austin456

Austin456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huge favor to ask, my father in law is severely technically challenged and has a touch of memory loss. He loves his tanks and they are one of the only things that bring him joy. My wife and I recently bought him a reefer 250 with two AI hydra 32s. He lives out of state so on our last visit we set everything up for him and all was good. However somehow he messed up the settings. Could someone either tell me how to make a preset light schedule I can send him without having Bluetooth access to the lights or ideally create one as I don’t have any AI lights myself. His preferred schedule is a 1:30 pm sunrise and 10pm sunset/moonrise with mostly bright white lights and a touch of blue throughout the day. Would also be willing to pay someone to create this.
I believe but am not 100% sure but, when you set up the settings you can save them or download so if everything’s gets messed up you can just go to saved and reuse the settings without the hasle of resetting each individual light plus setting sunrise and sunset. I don’t know if you can send the settings through text or even make them without the app.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.5%
Back