Anemone Stuck in ROCK need help

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys, stupid question but few weeks ago i got myself a green bubble tip anemone placed it on a hole in one of my rocks and now the whole thing basically sunk into the hole, the whole has to ends that go right through the entire rock . the anemone is basically in the middle,
ive tried pushing it out with the wave maker by pointing it at the hole got most of it but the body wont get out really want to place it in a different location but no way of getting out i know its not a good idea to screw with it but you cant even see it ;0

OP
OP
nightmarepl

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Di you have any pics? I would leave it be and let it move on it's own.
ill take some when i get home today doing a water change so ill be looking into it yah i know i usually leave my things be but 60$ and this dang thing hiding its beauty from everyone

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will move out of there if it doesn't get food or light... eventually.

Get used to dealing with 0-0-7 anenomies until u get lucky and they settle in a nice spot.

I had mine stuck in a rock for almost 10days, I didn't feed it, and eventually he just came out on his own in search of food.

Someone else may have a trick up their sleeves, but you should have posted this in the Anenome and Clownfish Discussion Forum . You will definitely get plenty of information there.

OP
OP
nightmarepl

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will move out of there if it doesn't get food or light... eventually.

Get used to dealing with 0-0-7 anenomies until u get lucky and they settle in a nice spot.

I had mine stuck in a rock for almost 10days, I didn't feed it, and eventually he just came out on his own in search of food.

Someone else may have a trick up their sleeves, but you should have posted this in the Anenome and Clownfish Discussion Forum . You will definitely get plenty of information there.
what do you guys feed them? i usually just feed my whole tank ( shrimp every other day / mini pebbles / crab pebbles / and once a week i feed phytoplankton but since my tank is small people say to do very little phytoplankton cause it spikes the water alot

OP
OP
nightmarepl

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a typical nem, lol. The more you spend, the more they just want to show you there foot! Give it time, typically they will come out once acclimated.
i actually got a what looks like a pink bubble tip the size of my 1/3rd of a dime for free from my local fish store and hes been growing nicely in a tiny hole

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what do you guys feed them? i usually just feed my whole tank ( shrimp every other day / mini pebbles / crab pebbles / and once a week i feed phytoplankton but since my tank is small people say to do very little phytoplankton cause it spikes the water alot

LRS Frenzy for myself... . That's it. Easily breaks down and digestable. And it has so many different sources of food int he mix that it's extremely balanced which removes the need to mix all different things.. Again, I would ask an admin to move this thread over to the Nem and clownfish forum or go searching there for yourself.. There are sticky threads to answer all your questions.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look into reef nutrition like mysis feast, roe, etc. LRS reef frenzy is really good too.

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
leave it alone, if it's staying in that spot then it's happy there. In my previous tank when I had an anemone, I use to feed it a small piece of cut up shrimp by placing it directly onto the anemone once/week. U'll know if the food is too large as anemone will spit it out. Oh and please make sure to have a foam cover on your powerheads in case the anemone decides to walk into it or else it'll be shredded... happened to me once.

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up. Anemones are going to move wherever they want to. So even if you do get it out and put it where you want it, it might go right back to the rock it’s in now.

^^^This and you stand a chance of injuring or damaging it trying to "poke" it out of the hole. As the above folks have stated...let it be and he'll move when he's ready to.

livingcolors

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
leave him alone! it will come out when ready. Also, I wouldn't feed it where it is or try to annoy it out of the hole, it will just dig in deeper. If it does come out, then feed it.

OP
OP
nightmarepl

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look into reef nutrition like mysis feast, roe, etc. LRS reef frenzy is really good too.
ordered some LRS reef frenzy just now gonna start feeding my tank this stuff i currently have 10 gallon tank how often do you feed this

Rich Klein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Di you have any pics? I would leave it be and let it move on it's own.

+1 - leave it alone. I added a rose BBTA and the 1st night it moved to the back of my tank halfway down the rock work and stayed there without much light for 6 months. I could barely see it, and couldn't feed it. And it appeared to be shrinking. One day, when the lights came on, there it was on top of the rock work drinking in the light. It has grown like crazy ever since.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like everyone said just leave it be. I put a Rock Flower Nem on the top part of a rock, It started to shrink into the hole and I lost sight of it only to see it come out the bottom a few days later. They'll move to where they like it hopefully it's where you like it too.
I have three types of nems and I have never spot fed any of them at all, I broadcast feed my fish so they get what they can from feeding the fish.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back