Anenome troubles

Reefer678

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a larger tank and cycled for a few months and all of my other corals are doing just fine. The new tank has a higher ph of around 8.3 where as the old tank had about 8, old talk was also salter at 1.030... anyways

The tank has new lights, steves LED's for redsea 130D. I am not sure what settings are best for the rbta. The new only really puffs up at night and during the day shrinks down a bit. It hasn't looked like a bubble tip in a while.

Day 1, had some trouble moving and a tear on the foot. Resumed to bubbly after tear.
Day 2-5 hid under rock shelf with low light.
Day 6 ,7 moved nem to low part of tank in light. New eats at night but spits out during day. Mouth open

8+ Tried moving nam to higher in tank for more light. Same earing behavior. Mouth open

Anyone know what I can feed it that it will keep? I usually feed some raw shrimp.

Params:
Sal 1.026
Ph 8.2
Cal: 430
Mag: 1300
Phosphates: 0-.25
Kh : 140
Nh4: 0
N02: 0
N03: 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Are you using api test kits? I suspect false readings on nitrate and ammonia
Moderate light and water flow

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stop moving it and trying to feed it. They don’t need feeding and it is stressful on their systems when they are already stressed out. Just give it some time.

AnemoneFan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your nutrients are too low bta like dirtier water you need some phosphates and nitrates. Leave the anemone alone it will find its own place. That’s your problem guaranteed. Make sure you have an area with more flow, the anemone will find it. If it doesn’t like it it will find a little less flow. I have a supernova and Chicago Sunburst in 2 separate tanks and have been Aqua culturing rainbows for 3 years. You don’t need to feed it wait until it’s settled in. When an anemone is repairing itself it will hide. It will do it on its own. Make sure you’re using rodi water and increase nitrates
Hope This Helps

jt8791

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also suggest having your lfs double check your phosphate level, if it's api 0-25 it's hard to say what you really have if anything over 0. They aren't known for accuracy. Kh 140? Sounds odd. Make sure to acclimate it to your lights then get it on a proper setting, from what I read and notice with mine, anything meant for sps should work well for bta's as well. My rbta's are liking the sps 1:4 schedule, 80%Royal blue, Cool Blue, Violet, 20% Red, Green, White.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back