Anthias Trio in 120 gallon

GHogg

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2021
Messages
46
Reaction score
32
Location
Idaho, United States
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been reading a lot about setting up a 120 gallon tank, and the behaviors of anthias are a huge reason I took an interest in the hobby. I'm curious which species, if any, could be kept in a 120 gallon tank. Originally I was interested in keeping a trio of a shoaling species like Lyretails or Bartletts, but I've read mixed replies about whether they would be successful in a tank that small (likely to bully each other to death). Someone once recommended a pair of sunbursts, but I'm nervous about their timidity as I also plan on housing a Dwarf Fuzzy Lionfish. Can anyone speak to success with anthias in a 120?
 
I had 3 lyretail anthiases in a 75 and they did fine together. The sunburst and Bartlett anthiases really don’t school very much, if that’s what you are interested in.
 
I've tried two sets of lyre tail. One in my 180 and one in my 93. Never had any luck. They died off one at a time. If my memory serves me correctly they need to be fed quite often, so this could've been my issue as well.
 
I have 2 lyre tails in my 120 and they are doing fine. I also have 6 blue green chromis that I have had for 1.5 years with no issues.
The lyre tails are always out amd swimming with the chromis.
20210130_125206.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 30.4%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new