Anything that eats palys?

rgulrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see this thread popped up again.
I can add to the list of not only the Koran Angel (since been re-homed) eating them, but my Red Sea Regal loves them (and lots of other things) as well.
Cheers,
Ray :cool:

tercel94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see this thread popped up again.
I can add to the list of not only the Koran Angel (since been re-homed) eating them, but my Red Sea Regal loves them (and lots of other things) as well.
Cheers,
Did they bother anything else? Or just the palys/zoas?

rgulrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Koran pecked at the LPS (Lobophyllia sp.) occasionally. It simply outgrew my 300 - it was starting to get a bit too belligerent with the other occupants.
I haven't noticed any of that with the Red Sea Regal (at least not yet). It has pretty much wiped out the brown palythoa...leaving a few snacks behind for a bit, I guess. I've also noticed some pest anemone slowly disappearing since it's introduction. My big branching Euphyllia paradivisa ("frogspawn") has resident clownfish, and I imagine they've been pretty protective of it. Might explain an injury or two on the female as well...
Now if I could only convince it to start munching on red & blue mushrooms/Discosoma...
1648064888608.jpeg

Hope this helps.
Cheers,

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both my Pyramid and Zosters eat my green nuclear versions. They are constantly picking at them but sadly the palys can more or less withstand the constant nipping and are not dwindling in numbers.

Gaudy clown crab I believe has the highest chance of success but good luck trying to find one. I've been looking for about a year with zero luck. Reef cleaners is about the only source and every time I reach out they say not having much luck, sign up for notifications, and hope you are fast enough...

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back