Apex disconnecting from Fusion

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There are so many causes of loss of Fusion connectivity.
Many of the solutions mentioned already will fix it, but only for some.
With my first Apex, I had Fusion connectivity issues until I put the Apex on a UPS.
Thereafter, no connection issues directly related to the Apex.

Later, as I added many devices to my home network (about 50 currently), my Netgear Nighthawk router just couldn't manage it.
Switched to an Orbi mesh system, and everything just magically started connecting properly, with decent speed, and all the time, as they should.
Sometimes a new router is the answer.

Setting a static IP address in the Apex and a complementary DHCP reservation in your router are both good ideas.
Avoids any confusion about what device is on what IP.

I don't think you need a hardwired connection to your Apex at all. My connection via Wifi is lightning fast.
I'm frequently amused when I do something unexpected in the tank and Fusion on my phone notifies me a second later. :)

I had a similar situation - it was extremely frustrating - using the Wifi from the Apex - it would work 'great' for days - and then all the sudden would disconnect maybe 50 times/24 hours. restarting it made it work again - and then a couple days later it would do the same. After every power outage (even a small one) - it would not reconnect to fusion (or if the apex was unplugged). I decided to change to a network extender - and its never disconnected again. So - it might have been signal strength - but this is a very widely reported issue - and it seems like some units are more unstable than others ??

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to think it more of the Router and Wifi interference in your house, then the actual hardware in the Apex. Take a look at a mesh network, and say goodbye to range extenders...

Last edited:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I tend to think it more of the Router and Wifi interference in your house, then the actual hardware in the Apex. Take a look at a mesh network, and say goodbye to range extenders...
I have a mesh-type network....

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which mesh system are you using??? I use and sell The Amplifi in my tech businesses and they are rock solid. They cover 6000 to 8,000 square foot houses with stock package. Speeds vary from 200-800 MegaBits Per Second depending on isp.

Last edited:

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how you have those configured, possibly wired as access points, but apple routers aren't mesh networks. :)

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back